Thread: Unusual Sharp sells in the USA

Unusual Sharp sells in the USA

This is the second Sharp competition rifle I have seen sell in the States.
    Any clue as to what model this one might be?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=192281302

Cheers,
    Tom

That's the Tiger 500 Target Tom.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Not exactly pretty is it? Perhaps that's why they're so rare.

Quote Originally Posted by le frelon View Post
    Not exactly pretty is it? Perhaps that's why they're so rare.
    Ha ha, Dare I say ! No, better not, It looks awkward pumping ,
    Do I want one, YES , I also like the Sharp pistol, I think it was only sold in the States.

I seem to remember when a " New " Pumper comes out like the new innova, Or that Webley thing everyone wants one, Why is that,
    I have ( In my opinion ) the best built rifle I have ever owned a HW90.
    It could be powerfull if allowed, but makes 11.5 Fpe & is a delight to shoot,
    However not to hold !
    Question ! Why do the Germans make a 20 Fpe gun when the UK is 12, & Germany 7, ish , Yes I know the answer.

But If I were a hunter ( Which I am not ) would I use a HW90 , Or an Ace or Innova , No question, Innova, Just a thought, Ged.

Sharp Pistol

Ged,to my eternal shame lost my copy of Kensuke Chiba's plans to make a semi-automatic CO2 pistol. He drew heavily on old Crosman 600 ideas.
    KC had a great respect for Crosman stuff-his idea was to improve on materials the US company used.He was fascinated by the Model 1100 shotgun-which he converted to .20 calibre. I recall him sending me a barrel for my own 1100,he labelled the parcel,"Garden Hose Part". An inspecting Customs Officer looked through this item and said,"first hose I've seen with rifling!" Trev

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    Ged,to my eternal shame lost my copy of Kensuke Chiba's plans to make a semi-automatic CO2 pistol. He drew heavily on old Crosman 600 ideas.
    KC had a great respect for Crosman stuff-his idea was to improve on materials the US company used.He was fascinated by the Model 1100 shotgun-which he converted to .20 calibre. I recall him sending me a barrel for my own 1100,he labelled the parcel,"Garden Hose Part". An inspecting Customs Officer looked through this item and said,"first hose I've seen with rifling!" Trev
    Hi Trevor I have a Crossman 600 I am going to put up for sale ( Sometime ? )
    I have sold 30 guns this year & bought only 2, ? Crossman 140 & HW 90.
    This is it with imported from the states Bulk fill unit ( Unused ) cost around £35 then !

The one I have is 41 years old & If you think it shoots well on Co2 , Try it on air 1200 Psi !!!!The adapter is in the Pic.
    The 600 in its day was as good as it gets, but things have moved on,
    The best technology is in the paintball world, Probably because they are more PC.
    I would say the 600 is the best ever ( None target pistol ) Ever ! Ged.

Quote Originally Posted by TStray View Post
    This is the second Sharp competition rifle I have seen sell in the States.
    Any clue as to what model this one might be?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=192281302

Cheers,
    Tom
    I've seen these described as Tiger's before, on american websites/forums, but in the original Japanese sales brochures this model is an 'Expert', not a Tiger.

Most obvious visual differences are the Experts barrel protruding well beyond the cylinder whereas the Tiger is flush, and the Tiger has a squared breech block not a smooth continuation of the barrel.

When I can get a scanner up and working, I'll post comparison pictures from one of the sales brochures.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?