Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver in commonwelths

Silver in commonwelths

young James huckle and ken parr won silver in the mens pairs 10 metre air today and
    England's Julia Lyndall and Gorgs Geikie got the bronze in pairs 25 metre pistol
    colin
    Last edited by percypepper; 05-10-2010 at 07:45 AM.

Congratulations to them, fine achievements.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Yes, very well done to them. The Ladies 3-Positional smallbore was won by Singapore (who set a new Games record in the process). India equalled the old record in second, and Scotland's Jen McIntosh and Kay Copland steamed in to take Bronze just one point behind India.

Mick Gault and Nick Baxter came 5th in the Men's Free Pistol Pairs.
    This puts the pressure a little on Mick as this is his last Games, and he needs 4 medals to become the all-time most successful Commonwealth Athlete.
    He should be able to manage it though from the remaining individual and pairs events.
    Last edited by Hemmers; 05-10-2010 at 10:12 AM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

A great result but what about the Indian pair who won Gold with 1193!!

10m Air Rifle Pairs

1. India - 1193
    2. England - 1174
    3. Bangladesh - 1173
    Last edited by barrow_matt; 05-10-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: England not GB
    Not sent from an iPhone.

That's why Abhinav Bindra is often regarded as the finest air rifle shooter in the world today, although he had a "bad" day today, shooting a mere 595, compared to Gagan Narang's 598.

Superb shooting, which set a new Games Record, surpassing their own record of 1189 from 2006.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

good stuff.

wacked off a e-flea in ear to BBC about their complete lack of mention of the shooting medals...

They did a good bit on the Air Rifle last night, hosted by Matthew Pincent no less featuring not just Narang & Bindra but also Huckle and Parr. And shooting news has received some prominent placing on the BBC Sport website as well.

No televised mention of the English Pistol girls getting a Bronze in the 25m Pistol Pairs though, or the Scottish Bronze in the Ladies Pairs 3-Positional Rifle.

Shooting's just had it's first Gold this morning in the Men's Double Trap Pairs - Steve Scott and Sevan Walton - so hopefully that will keep a camera crew in and around the range complex for the rest of the day.

Meanwhile Huckle's picked up Bronze in the Men's Individual Air Rifle (behind Narang and Bindra), whilst Nick Baxter and Mick Gault are in the Final for the Individual Men's 50m Pistol. They go in in 5th and 7th Position respectively, but the qualifying scores are tight enough that anything could happen in the final.

nice work from James going in behind and coming out in 3rd...

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    nice work from James going in behind and coming out in 3rd...
    I always said target shooting is gay

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    I always said target shooting is gay
    You stick with your short skinny barrel that shoots different distances each time you use it The one where you need a telescopic sight just to see which way it's pointing
    Not sent from an iPhone.

Gave me a laugh

competitions

Hi All.
    Once again the uk has gone to a big competition and won a large number of medals,I just wonder what percentage of these medals were won by shooters.
    In the recent European 22 Benchrest championships the uk squad won about half the medal's on offer,air rifle shooters propably won the bulk of the medals,and I think that was mostly down to the Junior shooters.
    Four members of Paul Lane RPC won 18 medals between them, with Buxted having european senior and junior champion's.
    Regards John F.

And the England pair Michelle Smith and Sharon Lee placed in silver medal position with them, having gone down on a tight tie-breaker

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmers View Post
    having gone down on a tight...
    dont you start...

nice result...