Thread: Walther lg400

Walther lg400

I have been looking at lg300s recently (although the UK price isnt particulaly great) and wondered if anyone had seen or gotten hold of the new LG400 s and if it was worth the wait. Comparing the aluteks which is what I was after it strikes me that the new ones dont seem as high quality , there is far more plastic on the 400 and the basic does seem alittle cut down. Are walther trying to make there basic guns cheaper by fitting intentionaly cheaper parts knowing people will end up changing them out later ? I might be wrong and the 400 is leaps and bounds better and worth the £200 increase

for 10m? or FT?

10 meter

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Just got back from Germany, where my wife and I were treated to a tour of the new Walther factory in Ulm, and an hour discussing rifles with the sports service manager in the technical department. The Quality issues were a problem pre Umarex buy out, we can vouch that the quality now is superb. The new 400 range was only shown at the Munich World championships in Aug as prototypes, they are not likely to be available before the end of the year, the plan is to be available for Xmas, they are still refining and we were not permitted to see them.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 09-10-2010 at 11:32 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I forgot on my first reply, where do you think there is plastic? The grip and cheek piece on the basic version is wood with a non slip covering called protouch, not to my taste, but very effective.
    My wife uses an LG300 junior because she is small and the alutec was too long on the shortest setting and she prefers the feel of a wood stock. The LG300 is a superb rifle and I'm sure the LG400 will be better (if that is possible). The stocks on the 400 will be the same as the 300 but without the standard wood stock. The basic 400 is an alutec, the action is the same across the range, the other alutecs have better sights and more adjustable butt and cheek pieces which ups the price, the top one, the anatomic, has a different (all wood stock), no carbon one in the first catalogue. Unless you are shooting 590+ I doubt you would tell any difference between any of them 300 or 400.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?