Thread: Shooting Jackets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shooting Jackets

I've not been wearing my shooting jacket since it er got a bit tight across the chest (must be shrinkage) so I'm looking for a new one.

Very generally speaking I don't think muzzle loaders want to look like the United Colours of Benneton on the range but that seems to be the style of most of the jackets.

Where can a chap get a green or beige or similar shooting jacket at a reasonable price?

Tweed with leather elbow patches.!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps a leather jerkin?

I made a mess of my Musto coat while I was using blackpowder and it took several washes to get it clean.

I now wear any old jacket that does not matter.

We are only shooting muzzleloaders, it is not a fashion parade, so why buy anything expensive that will get ruined by the black stuff?

I suppose you could diet and your coat will fit, thats if it hasn't shrunk.

Are you able to do up just the top button and leave the rest open?

If its is the correct fit across the shoulders and offers the right amount of support try it without the buttons done up.

I am assuming that you are shooting prone. Quite alot of prone smallbore shooters dont even bother doing up the buttons.

I use a snipers cape made to British army specification these cost £60-00 new, pads in all the right places for prone rifle shooting both left and righthand sling hooks already fitted, waterproofed, loads of pockets both inside and out, by the way it's not cape it;s a jacket slightly longer by about 3" than the normal shooting jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    I use a snipers cape made to British army specification these cost £60-00 new, pads in all the right places for prone rifle shooting both left and righthand sling hooks already fitted, waterproofed, loads of pockets both inside and out, by the way it's not cape it;s a jacket slightly longer by about 3" than the normal shooting jacket.
    Hi, could you post a link where I can see one of these capes please?

Regards,
    Krish