Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Webley Book

Now that brought on a much needed laugh!

Just checked my WHS order and the status is give as 'not yet published'.
    Cheers, Phil

Webley book

Mine arrived this morning! I guess this is one of the many to come 'got it!' posts
    Well worth the wait!

Congratulations and well done to Chris.

Do not disturb sign going on my gun room door for a couple of days!
    ( I may just come out for food!)

Chris.

Words fail me when I describe my new book now that I have had an evening to read some of it. Magnificent!!!
    Very many congratulations Chris,on producing a book that has truely surpassed my wildest dreams. Photographs are awsome and the each section, (for each model) is really easy to follow. As suggested in the text it is a great companion volume for the Webley Pistol Book.

A must have this Christmas for anyone who hasnt ordered theirs already ( providing there are any left by Christmas

Well done again Chris, utterly superb Book!!!

Happy reading everyone !!

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Words fail me when I describe my new book now that I have had an evening to read some of it. Magnificent!!!
    Very many congratulations Chris,on producing a book that has truely surpassed my wildest dreams. Photographs are awsome and the each section, (for each model) is really easy to follow. As suggested in the text it is a great companion volume for the Webley Pistol Book.

A must have this Christmas for anyone who hasnt ordered theirs already ( providing there are any left by Christmas
    Well done again Chris, utterly superb Book!!!

Happy reading everyone !!

Lakey
    Your too kind Mr Lake

Mine REALLY did arrive today - absolutely superb - well done that man. Now I'm gonna log off and spend some quality reading time.

Glad to see it has finally seen the light of day - and heartening to see the encouraging comments. Smith's are selling at a very good price indeed especially as it includes postage. Beats me how they can make any money from it?
    Anyway I have spotted three mistakes so far after only a quick skim through, so I await the others that must exist to be pointed out to me!
    Happy reading.

Received mine earlier this afternoon.
    Superb photographs, as expected, and so much information that it will take quite a while to read through, and try and absorb at least some of it.
    As a reference book it will be invaluable, and, as mentioned, a superb companion to Bruce's Webley pistol book.
    Thanks for the acknowledgement, Chris. Only too glad to have been of some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Received mine earlier this afternoon.
    Superb photographs, as expected, and so much information that it will take quite a while to read through, and try and absorb at least some of it.
    As a reference book it will be invaluable, and, as mentioned, a superb companion to Bruce's Webley pistol book.
    Thanks for the acknowledgement, Chris. Only too glad to have been of some help.
    I noticed that

Does anyone know of any shops that have the book in stock yet?

John

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Anyway I have spotted three mistakes so far after only a quick skim through, so I await the others that must exist to be pointed out to me!
    Happy reading.
    Page 38 - I think the photos are of a 3rd Series MK 11 (the sight is in the middle). Sorry I could be wrong.

Even if I am right it is a superb reference work.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Does anyone know of any shops that have the book in stock yet?

John
    I think that those of us who have got a copy pre-ordered through Robert Hale (the publishers). They tend to send copies out a week or so before the publication date. So I guess it'll be in the shops soon.

In the meantime - he, he - you have no idea just how good it is. Seriously - it is on a par with the Webley Pistols book (also a Hale publication) but in an individual way.

The illustrations are superb and the writing style informative (as you would expect) but not cold or impersonal (as reference works can be). It has a sense of time as you go through it - references to ads etc.

The reference to "The Boy Who Shot Down an Airship" in the forward sets the scene ...... enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I think that those of us who have got a copy pre-ordered through Robert Hale (the publishers). They tend to send copies out a week or so before the publication date. So I guess it'll be in the shops soon.

In the meantime - he, he - you have no idea just how good it is. Seriously - it is on a par with the Webley Pistols book (also a Hale publication) but in an individual way.

The illustrations are superb and the writing style informative (as you would expect) but not cold or impersonal (as reference works can be). It has a sense of time as you go through it - references to ads etc.

The reference to "The Boy Who Shot Down an Airship" in the forward sets the scene ...... enjoy.
    Looking forward to it Paul!
    John

In stock

WH Smith have e-mailed me that the book is now in stock and pre-orders will be posted today. Price of £31 delivered. Sounds like an excellent purchase from positive comments so far.

The book could well be a good investment as well as a joy to read

Well done Chris.
    John
    hold me back !!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Got an email from WH Smiths telling me that my copy has been despatched and the price at the time of order (£32.50 for me) has been charged.
    So all in, very happy with the service from WHS given that the price is now £43.40....