Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Best' CO2 multishot?

'Best' CO2 multishot?

Hello all,

My head has been turned recently as the mags seem to be paying attention to multishot co2 pistols.... I fancy one for some fun can/target demolition...

Looking online I've been bamboozled by the choice, mainly all umarex. I do like the look of the H&K P30, USP, S&W 586 (but which barrel!), CP99, CP88 (competition looks very cool), Colt govt 1911, the list goes on...

Umarex seem to dominate the market - am I overlooking other brands?

Should I disregard non pellet firing guns, or am I just being ignorant?

Disregarding the price tag, what do you peeps recommend based on the following:

Build quality
    Looks/realism
    Accuracy
    Fun!

Hopefully I'll get a chance to visit a couple of shops soon (I'm sure I've heard that The Tunnel at Charmouth is stocking some pistols now...), but in the meantime your thoughts would be very interesting.

Cheers,

Tim

Not new but OLDIES !

Crosman 451

followed by ...

Crosman 600

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2006/...litary-45.html

Of the newer co2 pistols the Beretta 92 FS ticks all your boxes ! Build quality and realism are excellent .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

I own a Berreta 92 FS co2 pistol and i'm very happy with it. Looks and feels good and is great fun to shoot

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Hello all,

Build quality
    Looks/realism
    Accuracy
    Fun!

Tim
    for all of those you would be better off looking at a bb gun, just as accurat as pellet guns over pistol distances,
    looks/realisum-you can get blow back guns that you operate just like the real thing or a revolver type where you load bbs intocases and then into the gun.
    build quality is just as good if you go for one of the good makes, something like tokyo murie(sp?) they just go by TM though

and most of all they are great fun
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    makarov
    Getting Old

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    you should come along to the ubc meet at the end of them month, there will be loads of the pistols you have been looking at there, and most members will be fine with letting you have a play im sure.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    IMO the best multishot is the Smith & Wesson 586. The 8" barrel is the most accurate but also the hardest to hold steady due to all the forward weight. The 6" barrel is very close in accuracy and an easier hold. I wouldn't bother with 4". Build quality is excellent with a high level of realism. It also has the best trigger out of all the Umarex range IMHO.

Someone mentioned Tokyo Marui (TM), these are airsoft pistols and come with strict caveats concerning ownership. They are VERY realistic and great fun. I like them especially because they are non lethal, well maybe not to caterpiller, but you get my drift.

Check these links for more info.

http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/

http://www.justpistols.co.uk/index.html

HTH
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Take a look at the Twinmaster Trainer, I love mine, seems to hold it's power well to the end of the cartridge...
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

Id go for one of the new sig,s .177 bb with blow back slide , probably the most realistic of the co2 action pistols and decent accuracy

umarex beretta px4 storm ,great build qaulilty and very faithful replica of the real firearm , blowback slide with single or double action , uses both .177 bbs or pellets , awsome fun but accuracy is not the best, integral picatinny rail for laser / torch mounting

cp99 compact , good build qaulity , realistic , blowback slide , acurate enough to keep a tin can spinning at 15 yards , integral picatinny rail , a true semi auto with the slide locking back when mag becomes empty , pure fun and one of the cheapest of the umarex range.

umarex ruger super hawk 8inch barrel version, good build qaulity , uses 6mm bbs both plastic or steel , clasified not as an airsoft but an airgun due to its 4 joule muzzel energy , looks very realistic with a real swing out cylinder unlike the S and W 686 dummy cylinder wich kills any realistic looks dead , excellent accuracy with steel bbs , pure fun and also one of the cheapest of the umarex range.

Dan Wesson 8 , 177 bb, very realistic , good acuracy , good build qaulity , swing out cylinder with the added bonus realisim of the 6 metal fake cartridges that the bbs are loaded into , even comes with a speed loader too , also pure fun gun .

I've got a Sig Sauer p226 on order at the moment and tbh all the reviews I have read about them say nothing apart from they are amazing!

.177 bb firing with blow back action and locks back when last bb fired.

Mag slides into the butt which gives it a lot of realism and heft!

Check out the review on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8CT6C8vJdc

Were are you ordering the Sig from dude, I hhave been after one for ages and my local suppliers keep letting me down.

the co2 dan wesson is a beast of a pistol, reaches 50 ms and still has enough power to sting, dont believe that bbs are non lethal, seen a tooth shot out at med range when somebody opned his mouth at airsoft at the wrong time!! and blood drawn loads of times, and some guns are doing 19 rounds per second aeg assult rilfes thats a lot of bbs in the air at any time

had several multi shot co2 airpistols, not bad for garden plinking but not target quality
    the bbs in plastic or .177 steel are great for speed shoting you can keep a tin can moving very nicely

theres several very good co2 target pistols as well, I had the co2 rohm trainer great gun for 10m ranges.

I have gone to CO2 pistols for airsofting for the relability they dont gas out so often as green gas guns

Cp88

Its really a subjective choice when velocity differences and accuracy is only marginal but we have used a variety of these things at the club from the infancy of Gas going legal.
    In this time we pretty much proved that the early CP88 6 inch is still about the best of the lot, even when comparing the most recent models.
    It utterly out revs the pathetic velocity of the PPK, CP99/Compact, also edges the SIG and the Berretta. Only using the huge length available to the S&W revolver does the velocity get matched but not nearly so matched in balance and handling when this long barrel is fitted.
    Later offerings from Gamo are not so well built as Umarex.
    A couple of offerings from Anics edged in power terms but are agricultural.

hi

my gamo r77 with a 2.5 inch barrel...

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Were are you ordering the Sig from dude, I hhave been after one for ages and my local suppliers keep letting me down.
    I went into my local FRD and he ordered it from SMK.

Got it for £135.