Thread: 'Best' CO2 multishot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A Skiff. Shirley you must be joking!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    A Skiff. Shirley you must be joking!
    Like the Man says,
    don't call me Shirley,
    that's my auntie's name!

On a serious note,
    yes if you are handy or know someone who is a strip, clean, deburr & some good lube plus good mags transform an Anics A3000 into a real performer, I've seen IPAS shooters use Skifs and put in some real quick times,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Gotcha

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I'm glad you Colt boys got over your coughs.

What did you take for it? A Smith and Wesson?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I'm glad you Colt boys got over your coughs.

What did you take for it? A Smith and Wesson?

Jim
    if i lived in the states that be the first gun id buy.
    cant see a semi auto being any good for home defence.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    if i lived in the states that be the first gun id buy.
    cant see a semi auto being any good for home defence.
    Emphatically agreed!

I don't like semiautos. I admit that is a prejudice on my part, but all prejudices are not without foundation, and my prejudice against autoloaders is based on many, many first hand instances of seeing them jam in the hands of others, and having them jam in my own.

Smith, Ruger, Taurus, Colt, all do or used to make top or good quality revolvers. A good .22, .32, .38. or .357 revolver, depending on the intended use. will take care of any situation a civilian will encounter: certain target shooting events excepted.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Emphatically agreed!

I don't like semiautos. I admit that is a prejudice on my part, but all prejudices are not without foundation, and my prejudice against autoloaders is based on many, many first hand instances of seeing them jam in the hands of others, and having them jam in my own.

Smith, Ruger, Taurus, Colt, all do or used to make top or good quality revolvers. A good .22, .32, .38. or .357 revolver, depending on the intended use. will take care of any situation a civilian will encounter: certain target shooting events excepted.

Jim
    Have you ever tried a Glock? They must be the most boring looking pistol in the world, IMO, but when I read the tests they had to go through to be accepted by the Austrian military as a service pistol I was amazed

Check here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_pistol

For me the most iconic design has to be the Colt 1911, for a design to have endured so long it was a classic at birth.

I have to agree with you though that if I had to possess something for personal protection it would a small revolver, ultra reliable when you most need it.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Have you ever tried a Glock? They must be the most boring looking pistol in the world, IMO, but when I read the tests they had to go through to be accepted by the Austrian military as a service pistol I was amazed

Check here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_pistol

For me the most iconic design has to be the Colt 1911, for a design to have endured so long it was a classic at birth.

I have to agree with you though that if I had to possess something for personal protection it would a small revolver, ultra reliable when you most need it.
    I've never owned or fired a Glock, Pad.

Over the years, I've owned: a Colt Government Model .45: a Colt .380 Pony:
    a High Standard Military Citation .22: a Keltec 9mm: and a Keltec .380.

The Citation jammed about 1 round per magazine. The Pony jammed about 50% of the time. The Keltec 9 functioned flawlessly with full metal jackets, but sometimes jammed with hollow points. The Keltec .380 jammed occasionally with either FMJ or hollowpoints.

The only one that never jammed - though I have to add that I never fired anything in it but FMJ - was the .45 Colt.

I used to keep it in my bedroom dresser for protection.

One day at the range it went off - while I was pointing it downrange at the target, but do not consciously remember pulling the trigger, though obviously I did: the pistol wasn't "possessed". And, I'd never had any sort of trigger work done on it to tighten or lighten the pull.

But that's a second thing that caused me to shy away from auto pistols: not only do they frequently malfunction, but it takes only a very little trigger pressure to make that cocked and loaded gun go off!

There's a saying that to have an accident with a revolver, you have to be either very careless, or very stupid: but to have an accident with an autoloader,you have to be only a little careless, or a little stupid.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    The Umarex 'autos' that fire pellets are of course revolvers really!
    Yep! But the Umarex PPK BB pistol is a true semiautomatic.

Jim

Yep! But the Umarex PPK BB pistol is a true semiautomatic.

Jim
    So is my Steyr but it hits everything I aim at