Thread: 'Best' CO2 multishot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I'd recommend my Smith 686, 6 inch barrel, if you want a pellet gun for serious Police/Practical comps.

Also, my Walther PPK, if you want a fun and very low cost plinker. It offers true autoloading pistol action - the slide works automatically, and you can feel the recoil - and it really is an auto pistol, NOT an autoloading design with a revolver mechanism. Loads 15 BB's (NOT pellets) from a magazine.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks for everyone's thoughts so far....

So far it seems the CP88 Competition and the 6 inch S&W are leading the field.... with a few other notable suggestions. Just have to start saving now!

What are about the best with blowback? PX4? Don't really know of any others.....

And has anyone used the Umarex Colt 1911?

hey

i have the usp45 by umared which is exactly the same gun as the colt just a diferent body and there not too bad for a little bit of fun.

i bought the smith and wesson today 6" with 2 spare magazines, pellets, 11mm rail and a hawke red dot sight.

however i think the red dot will be going on the ratcatcher as it makes the smith and wesson too heavy

regards andrew

CP88 Comp vs Smith 6"

I own both the above and in my opinion the Smith is the better of the two by a little bit.

The single action trigger on the CP88 is heavier. Double action is about the same, but the Smith feels "meatier" and more satisfying. The Smith's trigger blade is more comfortable which helps a lot.

Of the two I own, I think the Smith is slightly more powerful but I haven't chronoed it.

The accuracy is similar, nothing in it really.

Open sights on the Smith are better. Fully adjustable and with a better sight picture. There are even different width foresights available like on a proper match pistol (although nobody would claim the Smith is one). Optical sight mounting is easier and looks better. Optical sights on auto styled pistols just look wrong (IMHO of course).

The Smith feels slightly better built.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Dot Sights wrong on Auto

I think this must be very subjective then because i feel dot sights on Revolvers look wrong and not really traditional but dot sights on Autos superb, like what we might find in films or being used by special forces.
    As regard trigger we felt the shape of both was about identical and broke at 6.6lbs and 6.7lbs ....nothing in it.
    You get 2 extra shots with a Smith but a lighter gun in the CP with less wavering on hold, especially when using an 8 inch Smith. The 6 inch version just doesnt match the CP though....owing to greater gas loss. at the front of the floating mag to barrel interface.
    With the CP there is a tiny little seal but the Smith relies on a brass nudged up bush and no seal on the muzzle side....thus you need to go to 8 inch to get the same M.V.
    Any slight differences here are accepted, owing to differing pellets prefering diff guns....so again no arguments here.....but frankly a dot sighted CP88 is stunning in my eyes and in no way looks wrong.

I did like my RWS 225 pistol but since i`ve had my HW45 i have`nt used it.I do prefer the HW45 by a long shot!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Thanks for everyone's thoughts so far....

So far it seems the CP88 Competition and the 6 inch S&W are leading the field.... with a few other notable suggestions. Just have to start saving now!

What are about the best with blowback? PX4? Don't really know of any others.....
    I wrote an extensive review on all the Umarex blow back pistols. Hope you find it useful. It was split into 2 parts, the links are below.

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...about1075.html

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...about1076.html
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it