Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Best' CO2 multishot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've got a Sig Sauer p226 on order at the moment and tbh all the reviews I have read about them say nothing apart from they are amazing!

.177 bb firing with blow back action and locks back when last bb fired.

Mag slides into the butt which gives it a lot of realism and heft!

Check out the review on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8CT6C8vJdc

Were are you ordering the Sig from dude, I hhave been after one for ages and my local suppliers keep letting me down.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Were are you ordering the Sig from dude, I hhave been after one for ages and my local suppliers keep letting me down.
    I went into my local FRD and he ordered it from SMK.

Got it for £135.

the co2 dan wesson is a beast of a pistol, reaches 50 ms and still has enough power to sting, dont believe that bbs are non lethal, seen a tooth shot out at med range when somebody opned his mouth at airsoft at the wrong time!! and blood drawn loads of times, and some guns are doing 19 rounds per second aeg assult rilfes thats a lot of bbs in the air at any time

had several multi shot co2 airpistols, not bad for garden plinking but not target quality
    the bbs in plastic or .177 steel are great for speed shoting you can keep a tin can moving very nicely

theres several very good co2 target pistols as well, I had the co2 rohm trainer great gun for 10m ranges.

I have gone to CO2 pistols for airsofting for the relability they dont gas out so often as green gas guns

Cp88

Its really a subjective choice when velocity differences and accuracy is only marginal but we have used a variety of these things at the club from the infancy of Gas going legal.
    In this time we pretty much proved that the early CP88 6 inch is still about the best of the lot, even when comparing the most recent models.
    It utterly out revs the pathetic velocity of the PPK, CP99/Compact, also edges the SIG and the Berretta. Only using the huge length available to the S&W revolver does the velocity get matched but not nearly so matched in balance and handling when this long barrel is fitted.
    Later offerings from Gamo are not so well built as Umarex.
    A couple of offerings from Anics edged in power terms but are agricultural.

hi

my gamo r77 with a 2.5 inch barrel...

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by zenshot View Post
    the co2 dan wesson is a beast of a pistol, reaches 50 ms and still has enough power to sting, dont believe that bbs are non lethal, seen a tooth shot out at med range when somebody opned his mouth at airsoft at the wrong time!! and blood drawn loads of times, and some guns are doing 19 rounds per second aeg assult rilfes thats a lot of bbs in the air at any time

had several multi shot co2 airpistols, not bad for garden plinking but not target quality
    the bbs in plastic or .177 steel are great for speed shoting you can keep a tin can moving very nicely

theres several very good co2 target pistols as well, I had the co2 rohm trainer great gun for 10m ranges.

I have gone to CO2 pistols for airsofting for the relability they dont gas out so often as green gas guns
    4.5mm BBs can be lethal, Airsoft Pistols firing 6mm BBs are NOT, fact

The maximum for an airsoft pistol is 1 joule. It is this power that defines an airsoft pistol not the 6mm BB.

Co2 pistols using 6mm BBs are NOT airsoft, the Dan Wesson is a powerful pistol, the Ruger Superhawk is an animal, both are definately not airsoft.

Please get your facts right.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Thanks for all your thoughts so far chaps....

So far I'm swaying to the CP88 competition, but keep your suggestions coming....

I'm definately not after an airsoft, just so people know. I have a couple from about 5 years ago that I need to shift, but it seems a bit of a pain doing it legally!

Cp88

Good choice.
    I dont have a vested interest in the CP88 or Umarex....its just the general view of the 30 or so members of the club.
    Some of the more compact models may look better but they simply dont generate enough power and accuracy in comparsion with the CP88. (Barrels too short)
    However...to fans of other similar guns...this type of gun really doesnt need power and accuracy to have repeating fun plinking sessions.
    Im just working from the comparison view.
    For the record the CP88 comp managed 423 fps with Hobby pellets
    Berretta 385 fps
    CP99 330fps
    PPK 283 fps
    S&W 8 inch barrel 421fps
    Gamo P23 380 fps with balls
    Anics approached 480 fps with balls (4.5mm balls only) but were very agricultural with massive triiger weights......maybe 10lb pulls!
    Cant offer more advice....theyre the only models tested over the years outside of the Target Gas stuff.

I'd have to say the S&W 586 for the following reasons.

1. Choice of barrel length, 6'' being the best.
    2. 10 shots instead of 8 from the other Umarex co2 pistols.
    3. Best sights as standard of any of the Umarex range(elevation and windage plus 3 foresight blade widths) and they also can't move as they are securely screwed in place.
    4. Very good trigger.
    5. Barrel screws into the frame and the shroud is securely located onto the barrel muzzle thread hence the reason why the foresight can't go anywhere.
    6. Easier to remove a jammed pellet due to the easy barrel removal.

Lastly when you buy a Smith, you really are buying a revolver and not an 8 shot revolver disguised as a semi auto.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post

3. Best sights as standard of any of the Umarex range(elevation and windage plus 3 foresight blade widths) and they also can't move as they are securely screwed in place.
    4. Very good trigger.
    5. Barrel screws into the frame and the shroud is securely located onto the barrel muzzle thread hence the reason why the foresight can't go anywhere.

Lastly when you buy a Smith, you really are buying a revolver and not an 8 shot revolver disguised as a semi auto.
    i have to second the above.
    rob

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post

4. Very good trigger.

Very well put +1
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    4.5mm BBs can be lethal, Airsoft Pistols firing 6mm BBs are NOT, fact

The maximum for an airsoft pistol is 1 joule. It is this power that defines an airsoft pistol not the 6mm BB.

Co2 pistols using 6mm BBs are NOT airsoft, the Dan Wesson is a powerful pistol, the Ruger Superhawk is an animal, both are definately not airsoft.

Please get your facts right.
    Just bought a Superhawk 8" nickel,just a tad powerful
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Just bought a Superhawk 8" nickel,just a tad powerful
    Catches you out at first, doesn't it
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Were I to live somewhere where it was possible to hold full bore pistols I'd go for a 1911A1, an SV 1911 with double stack mag, possibly a Browning 9mm and a short revolver backup
    I'm a big fan of capacity
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com