Thread: Anyone familiar with the Baikal IZH 61?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Anyone familiar with the Baikal IZH 61?

It's supposed to be a quiet rifle and is not expensive. I figured it might be a good choice for our 6 yard comps with open sights, or 10 meters with optical.

(?)

Yes, I know this is the Air Pistols section.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Nobody have one?

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Never seen one of these before, looks like a unique design. The five shot mag sounds good is this connected to the side lever? Also is the piston located in the telescopic stock. If so I bet the balance is good but what is it like to fire.
    As this is the pistol section seems fair to bring up the Baikal MP612. This also has a rear mounted power plant, is a repeater and is a very unique design. Unfortunetly I have onle seen this in the prototype section of spring air pistols by John Griffiths.

Fired one a couple of months ago. Very easy to cock with the side lever, so ideal for juniors as an entry weapon. Surprisingly accurate over 10 yards. Not much of a groove if you were thinking of a scope, but no problems with open sights. Make sure the mag doesn't ping off into the undergrowth when you set to re-load.
    It may be weird looking but feels fine and fun to shoot.

Pyramyd Air is always pushing them: usually touting the quietness. They do sometimes offer them with a scope, as a kit/combo.

The price is good. Unless I hear some horror stories, I think I'm going to get one.

Jim

izh 61

cracking little rifle, used to have one.
    anyone know where i can get them now in the uk ?