Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
I've never owned or fired a Glock, Pad.

Over the years, I've owned: a Colt Government Model .45: a Colt .380 Pony:
a High Standard Military Citation .22: a Keltec 9mm: and a Keltec .380.

The Citation jammed about 1 round per magazine. The Pony jammed about 50% of the time. The Keltec 9 functioned flawlessly with full metal jackets, but sometimes jammed with hollow points. The Keltec .380 jammed occasionally with either FMJ or hollowpoints.

The only one that never jammed - though I have to add that I never fired anything in it but FMJ - was the .45 Colt.

I used to keep it in my bedroom dresser for protection.

One day at the range it went off - while I was pointing it downrange at the target, but do not consciously remember pulling the trigger, though obviously I did: the pistol wasn't "possessed". And, I'd never had any sort of trigger work done on it to tighten or lighten the pull.

But that's a second thing that caused me to shy away from auto pistols: not only do they frequently malfunction, but it takes only a very little trigger pressure to make that cocked and loaded gun go off!

There's a saying that to have an accident with a revolver, you have to be either very careless, or very stupid: but to have an accident with an autoloader,you have to be only a little careless, or a little stupid.

Jim
There's an old saying on your side of the pond Jim, and you've just reinforced it....
'It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it'