Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Best' CO2 multishot?

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by zenshot View Post
    the co2 dan wesson is a beast of a pistol, reaches 50 ms and still has enough power to sting, dont believe that bbs are non lethal, seen a tooth shot out at med range when somebody opned his mouth at airsoft at the wrong time!! and blood drawn loads of times, and some guns are doing 19 rounds per second aeg assult rilfes thats a lot of bbs in the air at any time

had several multi shot co2 airpistols, not bad for garden plinking but not target quality
    the bbs in plastic or .177 steel are great for speed shoting you can keep a tin can moving very nicely

theres several very good co2 target pistols as well, I had the co2 rohm trainer great gun for 10m ranges.

I have gone to CO2 pistols for airsofting for the relability they dont gas out so often as green gas guns
    4.5mm BBs can be lethal, Airsoft Pistols firing 6mm BBs are NOT, fact

The maximum for an airsoft pistol is 1 joule. It is this power that defines an airsoft pistol not the 6mm BB.

Co2 pistols using 6mm BBs are NOT airsoft, the Dan Wesson is a powerful pistol, the Ruger Superhawk is an animal, both are definately not airsoft.

Please get your facts right.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Thanks for all your thoughts so far chaps....

So far I'm swaying to the CP88 competition, but keep your suggestions coming....

I'm definately not after an airsoft, just so people know. I have a couple from about 5 years ago that I need to shift, but it seems a bit of a pain doing it legally!

Cp88

Good choice.
    I dont have a vested interest in the CP88 or Umarex....its just the general view of the 30 or so members of the club.
    Some of the more compact models may look better but they simply dont generate enough power and accuracy in comparsion with the CP88. (Barrels too short)
    However...to fans of other similar guns...this type of gun really doesnt need power and accuracy to have repeating fun plinking sessions.
    Im just working from the comparison view.
    For the record the CP88 comp managed 423 fps with Hobby pellets
    Berretta 385 fps
    CP99 330fps
    PPK 283 fps
    S&W 8 inch barrel 421fps
    Gamo P23 380 fps with balls
    Anics approached 480 fps with balls (4.5mm balls only) but were very agricultural with massive triiger weights......maybe 10lb pulls!
    Cant offer more advice....theyre the only models tested over the years outside of the Target Gas stuff.

I'd have to say the S&W 586 for the following reasons.

1. Choice of barrel length, 6'' being the best.
    2. 10 shots instead of 8 from the other Umarex co2 pistols.
    3. Best sights as standard of any of the Umarex range(elevation and windage plus 3 foresight blade widths) and they also can't move as they are securely screwed in place.
    4. Very good trigger.
    5. Barrel screws into the frame and the shroud is securely located onto the barrel muzzle thread hence the reason why the foresight can't go anywhere.
    6. Easier to remove a jammed pellet due to the easy barrel removal.

Lastly when you buy a Smith, you really are buying a revolver and not an 8 shot revolver disguised as a semi auto.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post

3. Best sights as standard of any of the Umarex range(elevation and windage plus 3 foresight blade widths) and they also can't move as they are securely screwed in place.
    4. Very good trigger.
    5. Barrel screws into the frame and the shroud is securely located onto the barrel muzzle thread hence the reason why the foresight can't go anywhere.

Lastly when you buy a Smith, you really are buying a revolver and not an 8 shot revolver disguised as a semi auto.
    i have to second the above.
    rob

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post

4. Very good trigger.

Very well put +1
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Good Points

The Smith is def well made. Returns 10 shots and matches the power and accuracy of the CP88. The Trigger also matches the CP88 which is about the about the best there is on these type guns.
    Incidently the stylish curve of the CP88 trigger was much prefered to the blocky Colt.
    However, the only way the Smith can match the CP88 is with that 8 inch barrel....where it becomes one big handful in balance terms.
    The 6 inch Smith on the otherhand....although 6 inch like the CP88 doesnt quite make the same power....about 390fps. I think its because there is a bigger gap between the mag and the breech face...thus you need the full 8 inches to make the same M.V.

Even so....can see why the Smith has its fans....its a strong contender and i wouldnt argue much of case for the CP88 being better.

Mr. Bessa, I have noticed a recurring theme regarding your replies to this thread and you seem to be focused on power and muzzle velocities, none of which means a thing if you can't hit your desired target.

Muzzle velocities vary from shot to shot due to co2 temperature,pellet tolerances, pellet weight, head sizes, the list goes on but the Smith has another big plus point.....price!

A new CP88 6'' black or nickel costs around £200 and then if you want fully adjustable sights like the Smith(fitted as standard no extra cost) you have to pay an extra £50 ish so that's £250 whereas the Smith is roughly £180.

Forgot this one....you can also fit genuine Millet sights from the full bore Smith 586 to the co2 Smith with a minor modification which makes the Smith more accurate.

"Lastly when you buy a Smith, you really are buying a revolver and not an 8 shot revolver disguised as a semi auto. "

i have to totaly agree with that statement , even the px4 storm at the end of the day as awsome as its blowback action is it is still technically a revolver , wouldent it be awsome if they ever get round to making a true semi auto pellet pistol , i mean it wouldent be a major feat of engineering to pull of all they need to desighn is a disposable inexspensive plastic cartridge that the pellets are pushed into then loaded into a spring loaded magazine , hell i bet if they really put there minds to it at umarex they could make the plastic cartridge eject once the pellet has been fired just like the rap4 paintball system.

Smith

They already have produced magazine loading Jobbies.
    Atleast 2 variants to my knowledge but balls only i think.

No im not powermongering.....and actually a FAS 604 and modified HW40 shooter for the record.
    Just simply providing stats that we arrived at during the upsurge of these guns at the club about 7 years back.
    Some vel figs maybe interesting to some....accuracy marginally in favour of Smith and CP88.

Good points on the Smith Sights but once set the CP88s were good and theres always the super adjust site for a Xmas pressy.
    The CP has also a rail adapter (for extra cost) which fits the rearsight slot.
    Its handling is superb and light but i accept what your saying about the Simth.
    Theres no denying its good for this type of gun....no arguments really.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I'd recommend my Smith 686, 6 inch barrel, if you want a pellet gun for serious Police/Practical comps.

Also, my Walther PPK, if you want a fun and very low cost plinker. It offers true autoloading pistol action - the slide works automatically, and you can feel the recoil - and it really is an auto pistol, NOT an autoloading design with a revolver mechanism. Loads 15 BB's (NOT pellets) from a magazine.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks for everyone's thoughts so far....

So far it seems the CP88 Competition and the 6 inch S&W are leading the field.... with a few other notable suggestions. Just have to start saving now!

What are about the best with blowback? PX4? Don't really know of any others.....

And has anyone used the Umarex Colt 1911?

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Thanks for everyone's thoughts so far....

So far it seems the CP88 Competition and the 6 inch S&W are leading the field.... with a few other notable suggestions. Just have to start saving now!

What are about the best with blowback? PX4? Don't really know of any others.....
    I wrote an extensive review on all the Umarex blow back pistols. Hope you find it useful. It was split into 2 parts, the links are below.

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...about1075.html

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...about1076.html
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

hey

i have the usp45 by umared which is exactly the same gun as the colt just a diferent body and there not too bad for a little bit of fun.

i bought the smith and wesson today 6" with 2 spare magazines, pellets, 11mm rail and a hawke red dot sight.

however i think the red dot will be going on the ratcatcher as it makes the smith and wesson too heavy

regards andrew