Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Best' CO2 multishot?

CP88 Comp vs Smith 6"

I own both the above and in my opinion the Smith is the better of the two by a little bit.

The single action trigger on the CP88 is heavier. Double action is about the same, but the Smith feels "meatier" and more satisfying. The Smith's trigger blade is more comfortable which helps a lot.

Of the two I own, I think the Smith is slightly more powerful but I haven't chronoed it.

The accuracy is similar, nothing in it really.

Open sights on the Smith are better. Fully adjustable and with a better sight picture. There are even different width foresights available like on a proper match pistol (although nobody would claim the Smith is one). Optical sight mounting is easier and looks better. Optical sights on auto styled pistols just look wrong (IMHO of course).

The Smith feels slightly better built.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Dot Sights wrong on Auto

I think this must be very subjective then because i feel dot sights on Revolvers look wrong and not really traditional but dot sights on Autos superb, like what we might find in films or being used by special forces.
    As regard trigger we felt the shape of both was about identical and broke at 6.6lbs and 6.7lbs ....nothing in it.
    You get 2 extra shots with a Smith but a lighter gun in the CP with less wavering on hold, especially when using an 8 inch Smith. The 6 inch version just doesnt match the CP though....owing to greater gas loss. at the front of the floating mag to barrel interface.
    With the CP there is a tiny little seal but the Smith relies on a brass nudged up bush and no seal on the muzzle side....thus you need to go to 8 inch to get the same M.V.
    Any slight differences here are accepted, owing to differing pellets prefering diff guns....so again no arguments here.....but frankly a dot sighted CP88 is stunning in my eyes and in no way looks wrong.

I did like my RWS 225 pistol but since i`ve had my HW45 i have`nt used it.I do prefer the HW45 by a long shot!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    No contest,
    Get a CP88 Competition with target sights and a 6" Smith
    Seriously though, you need to try both & some more too then choose what suits you best,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    *cough*colt*cough*
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    *cough*colt*cough*
    Of Course Sir,
    But how many?
    Is it enough to have just one Black and one Nickel or would one, *cough, cough* need more?
    Nick

I like the Colt too. But plenty of people dont.
    Thats the thing about airguns there isnt a perfect one for everyone.
    If there was we would all have one and be bored.
    Finding one that you like and works for you is part of the fun.
    And the one that works for you may not be the one you like!

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Of Course Sir,
    But how many?
    Is it enough to have just one Black and one Nickel or would one, *cough, cough* need more?
    Nick
    Cough, cough, Gold Cup, Cough as well
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Colt

Got to agree boys....each to his own and with these things (above 4 inch barrels) there isnt really enough differance in performance to warrant making that the final choice.
    Go with what you like the look of but forget the sub 4 inch barrel stuff being my advice.
    I know CP99s and PPKs have their fans but the velocity is just so miserable and the barrel so short that no real accuracy or flatness to the tragectory is generated. You also need to rem that there is a cold winter coming up (so im told) which will hamper M.V further.
    Im convinced you need atleast a 5 inch barrel to generate sufficiant accuracy.

The Colt is quite nice and they did improved the trigger somewhat from the terrible early models but i find my finger rubs on the solid bulk of it behind the actual front face.

As a purest....i much prefer the HW40...double the accuracy, same consistant power regardless of temp, sublime match grade trigger at about 1lb in weight and pellet loaded direct into bore with O ring seal...central built in Scope rail.....and so on.
    No repeating ofcourse.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    One of each, plus one for a project.
    Speaking of one for a project, i had a go at it and it improved it quite a bit.
    I didnt do too much inside just inase so there is still probably room for improvment.
    It shoots quite nicely now though, which is an improvment from when i got it and it was misssing half its bits
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Nice one Sol, I look forward to trying that

No one's mentioned the ultimate yet,
    yes,
    the well sorted Anics A3000 Skif
    It needs a little smoothing & lubing here & there to be it's best, after that provided you only use good smooth cycling mags it's a terrific pistol, use a hand excerciser though -
    you need a strong trigger finger to empty a mag
    ATB,
    Nick

A Skiff. Shirley you must be joking!

Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    A Skiff. Shirley you must be joking!
    Like the Man says,
    don't call me Shirley,
    that's my auntie's name!

On a serious note,
    yes if you are handy or know someone who is a strip, clean, deburr & some good lube plus good mags transform an Anics A3000 into a real performer, I've seen IPAS shooters use Skifs and put in some real quick times,
    ATB,
    Nick

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    4.5mm BBs can be lethal, Airsoft Pistols firing 6mm BBs are NOT, fact

The maximum for an airsoft pistol is 1 joule. It is this power that defines an airsoft pistol not the 6mm BB.

Co2 pistols using 6mm BBs are NOT airsoft, the Dan Wesson is a powerful pistol, the Ruger Superhawk is an animal, both are definately not airsoft.

Please get your facts right.
    Just bought a Superhawk 8" nickel,just a tad powerful
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler