Thread: Australia - shooter's nirvana or legal hell hole?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Australia - shooter's nirvana or legal hell hole?

Any Ozzys on here?

What are your laws like concerning target shooting? I might be getting a contract position in Aus and if I was living out there would like to be able to shoot pistols out there - nothing big, just .22 rapid fire, .32 centrefire and air pistols.

Cheers
    McT

G'day McTrucky

Are you fa Fife? I'm no fa OZZ but the right side O the Tay

There cany be more that one McTrucky Hope yer the right one if no I'm affy sorry

Ginger???????

I guess an ozzie will be along soon, but from what I have heard, Australian gun laws make the UK look like Texas. Pretty sure everything is on ticket, and tickets aren't easy to get

Hey Mr TikkaSakoMasalla,

You are right, there can only be the one McT. It's the blue boots and silver trousers that give it away.

So what's the firearms legislation like in Dundee these days? Almost half of Scotlands CWG medals came from shooting - any hint of a favourable tail wind for shooting up there?

I also applied for a job in the Philipines, but an annual murder rate of over 10,000 makes the place seem a bit like Guildford on a Saturday night - Oz would be better; if I can shoot rapid fire.....

McT

I think their firearms laws are similar to ours, if not worse!

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    It's more sensible than ours, they are certainly allowed smallbore and centre fire pistol. How you would get on as a guest I hav'nt a clue, try the "Olympic pistol" section of the TargetTalk forum on the Pilkguns site, there are several Ossie's on regularly on that.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?