My name is Kip. Retired U.S. Marine 1983-2005.

Billets included 0331 (M60 Machinegunner), 8531 (Marksmanship Instructor), 2111 (Armorer), 5954 (Comm-Tech), Double Distinguished High Master Shooter/Competitor on the USMC rifle team from 1998-2003 except for 1999 spent on the USMC pistol team.

My childhood 'endless-summers' were spent with a meager German made Winchester springer that slew more fowl, lizards, snakes and hare than I could ever recall, wandering the Dona Ana foothills of southern NM in the 70's. Still have her. She never saw a scope, with her bent brass bore, learned the nature of every imaginable hold... for range, inclination, wind, you name it.

Not a gifted shooter, rather a son gifted with parents who to this day encourage any immersion in the firearms community. My mother teaches self defense for women at NMSU, Eddy Eagle Program, B.O.W. Program, (Becoming an Outdoor Woman), Hunter's Safety Courses, advocates 2nd ammendment principle on southern New Mexico's NPR upon invite, she actively 'woos' politicians to logical legislative action, teaches concealed carry safety courses, among many many other tireless efforts. She and my father are my heros, and the type of parent I once dreamt of becoming... before my late wife and unborn daughter preceded me to heaven.... another story.

I started a business after retiring, manufacturing in a quaint machine shop I started, to keep my mind occupied once widowed.

Recently (July 26, 2010) I broke my back (T-5) and both wrists on an enduro crash in South Dakota's Badland Ntnl. Park/Monument.... going a little stir crazy trying to stay active I gravitated towards all my pellet guns... ALL of them single stroke pneumatics, and piston guns (both gas ram and springers). Guess what? My wrists aren't up to it yet. May be years before the right one is "durable" again. Sooooo

I'm researching PCP technology. NEVER thought I would need one, but I do. Found this sight and joined.

Pleasure to meet y'all.

Kip