Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do people come round twos up to buy?

my mate once had someone turn up with his husky dog to buy an air rifle from him,the dog just licked his kids to death

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Maybe to share the driving if its a long journey
    You would have to be getting a rifle very very very cheap if you needed to travel THAT amount of distance!!!!!!

Petrol cost etc.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybagger View Post
    my mate once had someone turn up with his husky dog to buy an air rifle from him,the dog just licked his kids to death
    Why don't I have that sort of luck?

me and my shooting buddy go together on deals and what not, nothing out of the ordinary there we both enjoy meeting other airgunners (theres always someone knows more than you), and putting faces to peoples name, every one who have brought ftf off me has come in two's aswell which doesn't bother me at all,
    MK 1 RAPID .22 , 10 x 44 MTC VIPER

Xbox 360 Gamer Tag JJ SICO

Two edged sword !
    you could turn up and walk into a crowd,
    I remember going to view a car with my brother
    in Bradford I think,
    we were completely surrounded by ethnic blokes with mobiles,most were talking in toungues another was explaining on his mobile that 'they ain't handed the money over yet'
    we made an excuse to go to our car ,and did one.

Geoffc Guest
    I often go with my buddy just for the ride, to chew the fat about guns and, maybe stop for a Burger on the way home. It's just for company on the ride.

I don't take any part in the negotiations and don't offer an opinion unless asked.
    Of course, if I saw something really wrong then I'd say something.

We've often arrived to find that one of the vendor's friends has just happened to pop round.

It hadn't occurred to me that the vendor may be feel intimidated by two of us turning up. I'll bear it in mind in future.

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Depending on the circs, I understand why people might want to go two's up to buy something.... (for advice/piece of mind/etc)

BUT.....

If I was going to buy something like an air rifle and was bringing someone else, then I'd definitely let the seller know this in advance out of courtesy.

If a buyer turned up with another person for no apparent reason and without explanation it would definately put me a bit more 'on edge' for want of a better turn of phrase.....
    Best advice and exactly what I do.
    I once had multiple skinheads turn up to buy a motocross bike I was selling.I had to tell them to #### off and thought it was going to kick off.When the idiot phoned up he never mentioned that he was bringing about 10 or 11 of his mates in the Transit van.They just kept pouring out onto the drive way.
    I always ask if its a private seller,especially if its at a residential address.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    You would have to be getting a rifle very very very cheap if you needed to travel THAT amount of distance!!!!!!

Petrol cost etc.
    i have just done a 6 hour round trip to pick my rifle up as i don't trust anything of that value to be posted

It wasn't a weihrauch you were selling was it He probably brought a friend to help him lift it into the boot of his car.
    hoplophobe

Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    Never felt the need to take a mate to a buy/sell to be honest.
    Be fair Chris-your probably as big as two average shooters, combined
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

same as most they take there women every where , i leave my BITCH at home to do the house work, and have my food on the table when i get in ....

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybagger View Post
    what would a husky dog want with an air rifle???

Hi,

Ive had a truly horrible experience when I sold an air rifle (another forum). We arranged to meet halfway In a pub car park late afternoon last winter. He arrives twos up in a car with a mate. We exchange pleasantrys , I show him the rifle, he shoulders it left handed, it was a right handed stock! He says to his mate what you think and passes it accross to him. His mate then pulls back the bolt opens the tin of pellets and loads it up!!

Whoah I shout! To which he says it will be ok and starts taking a shot at a pigeon on a nearby bridge. I took the cash and got out of there sharpish. All this was happening at the 5.30pm rush our with people stuck in the traffic watching on!!

It pained me to be selling my pride and joy to two such muppets!

Mikeyblue.

buy alone

have always traveled alone most of time and arranged to meet in public place on the occasion were i go to a house i always give the wife the details of were am going ie, address phone number name of person am going to meet what time am getting there and call when arrived just incase i wake up in a ditch with no money no gun and me under crackers on back to front
    i,am not british i,am scouse

Better safe than sorry!