Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: leather holsters

leather holsters

Hi all
    I have started to make leather holsters as a new hobby and thought I would put some up for sale to see if there was any interest out there. They are all in the western style with a skirt and loop. All are lined with suede which is bonded and then stitched and have an antique stain finish.
    The skirt is slotted for a 2” belt or you can pass a larger belt through the folded skirt (approx 3" to 3 1/2") I have a left and right hand made for the following guns but they may fit others
    beretta 92 co2
    colt 1911 8mm blank should fit the co2 ok
    colt python 4"
    colt army 8"
    cp88 4" co2
    drop loop western rig for the peacemaker or colt army/navy with or without cross draw.
    They are all unused but have had a gun in them to get the shape so will have some imprints in the suede.
    This is a new hobby for me and all are hand made so please expect the occasional imperfection
    Anyone not happy with there holster can return it for a refund as long as you pay the return post
    I plan to make more so if the one you want has been sold just let me know and I will make another I also intend to make holsters for different guns as soon as I get them
    I’m also going to make some without the skirt and loop.
    Please feel free to ask any questions.
    The western rig left or right £75 posted (belt fits approx. 34”- 44”, person pictured is a 34” trouser size and belt is fastened on the shortest hole)
    The western rig left or right with cross draw holster £85 posted.
    Guns and inert ammo not included.
    Sorry no offers the leather is expensive
    Payment by PayPal.
    thank you
    john.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/e...nr32/holsters/
    Last edited by skan; 02-11-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: update

They look superb!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Those are really nice!

Could you make one for a Remington 1858?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Those are really nice!

Could you make one for a Remington 1858?

Jim
    hi jim
    i have a pattern for a 1858 but i don't have the gun to try in it to make sure it's a good fit,but im happy to give it a go for you.
    john

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Hi John, can you make the western rigs in a larger size? I would be really interested in a Colt 1911 rig.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by skan View Post
    hi jim
    i have a pattern for a 1858 but i don't have the gun to try in it to make sure it's a good fit,but im happy to give it a go for you.
    john
    PM on its way to you!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thread moved into Pistols, as its likely to generate more chat than a sales thread really should, and its not really second hand stuff either.

The holsters look beautifully made, and I'm sure will improve and weather in nicely with time and use.

Do you have any plans to make them with covered triggers, so they can be used for IPAS and similar events?

The IPAS rules state "The main equipment is Holsters. All holsters must be mounted in the vicinity of the strong side hip, at waist level. All holsters must retain the pistol. Triggers may not be fully exposed with any holster."

Any thoughts on a S&W variant too?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think you might have something rather good here.

Thinking of a L/H S&W (covered trigger) for the 4" barrel if that's possible.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Those look excellent sir!! Top craftmanship.

I think there would be a demand for this from the IPAS crowd. I have started doing this and have already bought a holster for my Swith and Wesson. From what I have seen the Swith and Wesson 6" is the most popular bun at our club for this and if the holsted covered the trigger it would be ideal!

Most people are using the open fronted holstes from Price Weston leather and your prices are not far from them. I would be interested in a left handed holster for a Smith and Wesson 6" if you are able to do one in the future.

Andre'
    Pro Sport; TX200; S&W 586; Webley Alecto; Red Hawk; HW57; CP88 Competition; HW45; MPR-FT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Andy View Post
    Those look excellent sir!! Top craftmanship.

I think there would be a demand for this from the IPAS crowd. I have started doing this and have already bought a holster for my Swith and Wesson. From what I have seen the Swith and Wesson 6" is the most popular bun at our club for this and if the holsted covered the trigger it would be ideal!

Most people are using the open fronted holstes from Price Weston leather and your prices are not far from them. I would be interested in a left handed holster for a Smith and Wesson 6" if you are able to do one in the future.

Andre'
    hi
    thanks andy i will have to look into IPAS as im not familiar with it, in time i hope to be able to make many more styles as for your smith and other pistols i need to get my hands on some as i like to make sure the gun is a nice fit in the finished holster.
    can anyone tell me if there is any cheep airsoft or something i could use to help make new holsters like the S&W

From what I have seen the Swith and Wesson 6" is the most popular bun at our club for this
    I prefer a nice scone myself...

These are cracking work, and I reckon you would sell as many as you ever felt like making for the S&W.

If it would help, and if I can tart myself towards the front of the queue as a result, I'd be happy to send you my S&W for a pattern? Just post it back to me when you had the dimensions you needed.

I think you might find a good market for the webley tempest too.

Those look very nice! I've just put in for an 1858. If successful I'd be interested in having one made with holders for two extra cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I prefer a nice scone myself...

These are cracking work, and I reckon you would sell as many as you ever felt like making for the S&W.

If it would help, and if I can tart myself towards the front of the queue as a result, I'd be happy to send you my S&W for a pattern? Just post it back to me when you had the dimensions you needed.

I think you might find a good market for the webley tempest too.
    wow thank you pm sent

Sorry if I cocked up your sale, that certainly wasn't my intention.

You should have an email John.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Sorry if I cocked up your sale, that certainly wasn't my intention.

You should have an email John.
    no bother it would have been no good for ian so you saved the day as long as everyone is happy in the end,im going to restyle the holster for him and we will take it from there.

ps
    im going to need a secretary to sort out all the pm im getting
    im pleased everyone likes them.
    john

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    You have PM John.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler