Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: leather holsters

You have PM.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I have no use for a holster myself, but those look great!
    Daystate Merlyn LE (number 22); AA S410; AA TX200; BSA Scorpion; HW40. Plus a couple of them there fowling pieces.

covered triggers

hi all
    first i would like to thank everyone for the interest in the holsters and for the guys how have placed orders.

there has been a lot of talk about having the trigger covered for IPAS and similar events so after making a new holster with the trigger covered for a 92 i have found the fold in the skirt will get in the way when you draw the gun and im assuming there is some fastdraw involved with your shoots.
    i have also noticed some have larger rear sights so the front will have to be cut lower aswell.
    sorry this will hold things up for a day or two but if i dont get it right then the holsters will not do as yous all need
    here are some photos of the problems i have mentioned.
    i think the holsters would be better without the western style (skirt & loop)but i will start again and take it from there.
    if i have to drop the western style and take the skirt off then this is what i will do, if anyone how has asked about a holster wishes to back out then that is ok with me.
    manty thanks
    john

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/e...ange%20finder/

Jerry Cornelius

hi steve the 586 has arrived your pm box is full
    john

Quote Originally Posted by skan View Post
    hi steve the 586 has arrived your pm box is full
    john
    Cheers mate

You have PM John.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Vel, that rig is so nice, it would be worth it to go to the shoot if for no other reason than to show it off!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    You beat me to it with the pics, my rig is being delivered tomorrow morning. I've ordered a drop leg rig for my Colt 1911.

Paddy, I won't be leaving until it arrives as I want to bring it to the meet as well. I'll be there at some point but Brenda can't make it as our little LuLu has just come into season and it's not fair to leave her here alone. She's very needy at the moment.

Just make sure you save some of that Chilli for me

Really looking forward to this one and meeting up with old friends and putting faces to names with our newer members.

ps. Brenda has just told me she is giving me some containers to bring back some of Helen's curry & chilli

See you all tomorrow
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    It will be good to meet you Paul - looking forward to seeing your new rig!
    Likewise
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

will you be making any holsters to fit a hw45 in?

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Having tried it out this evening I didnt want to take it off! Just as well I did though as I had to then go shopping - it might not have gone down too well in Tesco..
    Like when we were kids, and would wear our Christmas presents to bed.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I would love to see those holsters at the meet Gents.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

hi all
    thank you all for the comments im really pleased you like them, the 586 holster is almost finished so will get some photos posted asap.
    as for the hw45 yes it can be done but with out the gun im stuck even after i have the pattern made i still like to fit the gun just to make sure it's a good fit
    so if there are any of the popular guns out there that are broken no matter how bad all i need is the frame shape or if there are any alternatives (plastic bb airsoft anything) drop me a email with your suggestions.
    thanks again for the thumbs up.
    john

now got to go and skin me some more cows im running short of leather.

New photos

hi all i have added some photos of the S&W 586 6", CP88 6", remington 1858 and the colt 1911 drop loop.

hope you like them
    john

I hope the one for my Remington 1858 looks as good as the one shown.

Jim