Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: leather holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I hope the one for my Remington 1858 looks as good as the one shown.

Jim
    hi jim the one in the photo is yours it should be with you soon i put it in the post on monday 25th.
    did you not get my email ?
    john

The 1858 holster looks great, thanks for letting me know about the picture. I should know about my ticket in the next few weeks so I'll keep you posted.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by skan View Post
    hi jim the one in the photo is yours it should be with you soon i put it in the post on monday 25th.
    did you not get my email ?
    john
    I suspected it might be, John.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    hi all i have added some photos of the S&W 586 6", CP88 6", remington 1858 and the colt 1911 drop loop.

hope you like them
    john
    That's my rig in the picture, a piece of art in leather, fantastic workmanship throughout I'm sure those of you saw it yesterday at the UBC meet would agree.

I've just ordered an IPAS type rig from John to go along with this one

They are worth every penny
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

photo update

hi all
    i have added some more photos of the 586 as a standard holster not the western style this can also be done with all the other holsters.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/e...nr32/holsters/

hi all
    i have added some more photos of the 586 as a standard holster not the western style this can also be done with all the other holsters.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/e...nr32/holsters/
    John, you should do a trio of photos for each model holster: one on the table with the pistol alongside, one on the table with the pistol inside, and one on the wearer's hip with the pistol inside.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

holster price

hi all
    first i want to thank all of you that have bought leather work from me and everyone how has made comments about my work it is really appreciated.
    yesterday i find out the company how sell me the leather can no longer supply me with the thickness i need and i feel the thickness they offer would not make as good a job, so i have spent most of today looking for a new supplier.
    i have found one but the price is higher so from now i will have to give everyone a quote for what they want. basically the more leather used the more it will cost.obviously belts and rig will differ the most due to individual size.
    this is not the way i wanted things to go but i have no option, if the prices are to high then it wasn't mean't to be.

ANYONE HOW HAS ALREADY PLACED AND ORDER WITH ME WILL STILL GET THERE ITEMS AT THE PRICE WE HAVE AGREED AS A DEAL IS A DEAL.

thank you all again for the support.
    john

John, I think everyone realizes that their purchase price reflects your materials cost as well as your time. Your prices quoted so far have been quite reasonable, to say the least. We all appreciate your mentioning this, but if your purchasers are happy with your work, and everyone so far seems to be, I don't think this will have too bad an effect on your sales.

Jim

John, I think everyone realizes that their purchase price reflects your materials cost as well as your time. Your prices quoted so far have been quite reasonable, to say the least. We all appreciate your mentioning this, but if your purchasers are happy with your work, and everyone so far seems to be, I don't think this will have too bad an effect on your sales.

Jim
    hi jim
    thanks for your comments i hope your right im sure time will tell.
    i have just had a look at the tracking for your holster it landed in the US on the 1st so you should have it soon.
    thanks again
    john

My address is a private mailing service (the mailbox at our house is not secure against thieves and weather), so I'll stop by there tomorrow.

Jim

John, you should do a trio of photos for each model holster: one on the table with the pistol alongside, one on the table with the pistol inside, and one on the wearer's hip with the pistol inside.

Jim
    I'll provide pics of mine if you want them.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Jim
    Couldn't agree more Jim, I'm sure you will as impressed as we are when you receive yours.

These are very affordable quality, with the emphasis on QUALITY
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

My address is a private mailing service (the mailbox at our house is not secure against thieves and weather), so I'll stop by there tomorrow.

Jim
    Have you got one of these boxes on a pole with a metal flag thing on it?

I have never got my head around those, do people actually trust them?

Certainly wouldn't work in Peterborough
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Something like that. It's an outside metal box that had a lockable door on it once, but someone deliberately broke the door off to steal the mail during the previous owners' occupancy here. I'm not even sure where the door is now, so it's open to the rain as well as to thieves.

Those flag-up boxes are common in rural areas of the US.

Jim

Just to say in public John that the S and W I lent you for a pattern has arrived safely back today as good as gold, just as promised, and the craftsmanship of the holster that came with it is VERY impressive indeed. All in all a top BBS moment.

You are a real gent and best of luck with these as it is quality stuff and good to see someone having a go and making good kit. I dare say I will be back for more

ATB

Steve