Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: leather holsters

a big thank you

hi ian
    thanks for posting the photos your new holster and belt im pleased your happy with both of them it was a pleasure making them for you,all the best

and to steve a big thank you for letting me use your gun to get the pattern, a hard thing to do sending a complete stranger you pride and joy.so thank you thanks to everyone who has ordered and past comments.
    john

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    The holster for my Remington 1858 arrived, and it is a beauty! A perfect fit, and it also fits my Ruger .22 Single Six Convertible: though it's a tad longer than needed for the Ruger, which has a 6 1/2 inch barrel, as opposed to 8 inches on the Uberti Remngton.

Of Ian's two Beretta holsters, I like the Western style better, though the plain style would be better for a concealment holster: not that there's a need to conceal an air pistol.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

586 8"

Love the work but a few of questions.
    How do these holsters fit with club rules regards transporting pistols around the site but not on the range? Does the belt shown come with the holster, or where can I get one? Will my 586 8inch fit? (of course I will send it when I get the cash together, in fact I will send it if you just want to use it as a pattern 'cause that way you will be ready when I scrape up the cash.) Can you do a shoulder rig for the Nemesis/1911 and is that illegal because of concealment issues?
    Ohhhh Yeah, current prices please.

Regards
    Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    How do these holsters fit with club rules regards transporting pistols around the site but not on the range? Does the belt shown come with the holster, or where can I get one? Will my 586 8inch fit? (of course I will send it when I get the cash together, in fact I will send it if you just want to use it as a pattern 'cause that way you will be ready when I scrape up the cash.) Can you do a shoulder rig for the Nemesis/1911 and is that illegal because of concealment issues?

Regards
    Target Bunny
    hi there
    sorry but i dont know anything about club rules but im sure someone will say something soon
    i can make a belt to fit you as long as i can get the length out of the hide, the photos show a 1 1/2" and a 2" belt but i can make it whatever size you need, youe 586 will stick out of the bottom as the holster in the photo is for a 6" but i can modify the pattern i have to fit your 8" no bother so there will be no need to send the gun.
    im not making shoulder rigs at this time as the leather i use is a little to thick but in time i will be giving it a go.
    as for it being illegal i would think inside the club you would be ok but i wouldn't walk down the street with a gun under your arm even if your on your way to the glub.
    the price will depend on your size, type and style of holster.
    if you drop me an email with your requirements i will let you know what it will cost
    many thanks
    john

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post

Regards
    Target Bunny
    Jim,
    IPAS regulations require the pistol to be on the strong side hip with the trigger covered.
    No low slung western rigs, no shoulder holsters, no cross draw holsters, no rear waistband etc.etc.

Common sense safety concerns dictate that the trigger is covered and that in drawing the pistol and bringing it to aim on the target it is not pointed anywhere but downward or down-range,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Jim, I wouldn't think that a pistol would be consideraed any more concealed - and therefore illegal - in a shoulder holster, as opposed to a belt holster. It's still plainly visible as a pistol, so long as it's worn outside of all garments.

Note that I'm referring here to criminal law, not to gun club or shooting organizational rules.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Jim,
    IPAS regulations require the pistol to be on the strong side hip with the trigger covered.
    No low slung western rigs, no shoulder holsters, no cross draw holsters, no rear waistband etc.etc.

Common sense safety concerns dictate that the trigger is covered and that in drawing the pistol and bringing it to aim on the target it is not pointed anywhere but downward or down-range,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Nick, is the UBC adhering to IPAS rules for its speed shoots, in this respect?

Jim

Safety

Hi Nick

Yeah the IPAS bit makes sense.
    I was thinking of something in the safety brief, which if I remember it correctly, saying that pistols (in the UBC case) must not be transported openly around the range but should be carried in a case, glove -and this is the bit I am not certain of- or in a secure holster when being taken to and from the firing point. I wondered about tha.
    I still covet those rigs though.

Regards
    Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Jim
    Jim,
    Given that IPAS are following international action shooting rules that's the right way to go,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Hutchinson View Post
    A number of us were carrying our pistols around in holsters at the last meet and this seemed to be OK in relation to the range safety rules.

Much more convenient that using a case or slip.
    I can't see any safety problems with an airpistol being carried in a holster, whether it has a safety snap or not.

Jim

Safety

Hi Guys
    Yeah, I appreceate what replies have been given. It's just that we have to be carefull these days to stick very closely to regs as we are being watched by myriad jobsworths, PC PCs and small minded biggots (I am NOT inferring that anyone connected with the sport or this board falls into any of these categories) so it is worth being absolutely clear in these matters.

Thanks for the input.

Regards
    Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

some basketweave and pancake experiment

hi all
    iv'e been having a go with the basketweave look on a 4" 586 so have added some photos to the link please let me know what you think, i have also been experimenting with pancake holsters there not quite there yet but just thought i would see what you all think, is there any call for them, the one in the photo is molded from the 92 but the 1911 and cp88 fit in real nice aswell
    please let me know what you think.
    john

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Jim
    Broadly yes Jim.

On the MPs shoots we participate in, we tinker with the plates etc but broadly follow their format, and aspire to their safety standards.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Safety

Hi Guys
    On the MPs shoots we participate in, we tinker with the plates etc but broadly follow their format, and aspire to their safety standards.
    No problems with any of this and I agree that it is a simpler way to move our guns around safely. It's just that with a two holster rig and a shoulder rig (because the two guns I mentioned are flat profiles) I can legitimately carry three guns to the range at a time and not worry where I am going to dump the carry cases.

Regards
    Jim d
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Being a lefty. . .

. . . and a bit of a bodger. I took a leather drill holster, drilled out a couple rivets, inverted it and put it back together (this is all for an -also- cheap and cheerful Crosman 357).

It's functional, sort of, and great fun!
    don't panic