Thread: EV2 Owners

EV2 Owners

I am thinking of buying an EV2 and was talking to someone yesterday who has had two in recent years. In both cases he said that he filled to 150 bar only, otherwise he experienced a power curve. He suspected the regulators had broken. It happening twice seems a coincidence so I wondered if anyone else has had this experience. I thought a regulator got rid of the power curve but i may be wrong?.

I had mine sorted by a third party gunsmith, eventually. I can fill to about 190 bar and shoot down to around 120. It will go lower but there is no real point, it has to get refilled sometime.

The factory reg setup can climb in power significantly when the reservoir drops below reg pressure but that won't happen at 150 bar.

Regs don't remove a power curve completely. A single stage reg will still leave a small "curve", usually a straight but not level line, with power increasing marginally as pressure drops.

I have had mine over a year now and I got mine second-hand, I did have a problem with the reg. If the gun was left and not shot for 30 mins or more the first shot would be 50fps less than the next one. I think it is a common fault with the EV2 for the reg to go like this, I sent it back to AA and cost me £50 to get it fixed, now shoots like a dream....

I would like to clarify when I say a common problem. There are quite a few EV2's out there that never have a problem, the very few that do have a problem seem to be with the reg, but that's it, not seen or heard of any other 'common' problems with the EV2, they are absolute cracking rifles....

I fill to about 190 and refill at about 100, never noticed any sort of power curve, well, not since it got back from AA...
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    I would like to clarify when I say a common problem. There are quite a few EV2's out there that never have a problem, the very few that do have a problem seem to be with the reg, but that's it, not seen or heard of any other 'common' problems with the EV2, they are absolute cracking rifles....

:
    I would say the Ev2 Reg is a big problem. Can only think of about 10 i know with no problem, so far. Probably well over 50 I know that have had the problem.

Trigger is another weak point.

however, when you get one that works, Best Ft rifle out there!

Aa dont build them like they used too!
    Ostler Ev2 in Warren Edwards off set (Pope) + Prem ret x45 Comp Series luepold
    Oaktree FTC
    Air Arms XTi50 Test Pilot

I have had mine over a year now and I got mine second-hand, I did have a problem with the reg. If the gun was left and not shot for 30 mins or more the first shot would be 50fps less than the next one. I think it is a common fault with the EV2 for the reg to go like this, I sent it back to AA and cost me £50 to get it fixed, now shoots like a dream....

I fill to about 190 and refill at about 100, never noticed any sort of power curve, well, not since it got back from AA...
    I had a similar problem with my Pro Target. It's a problem called Reg creep,it only happens if the gun is left for a short period,the air creeps past the Reg and causes the first shot to be low. It's a simple fix,just a case of changing the seals in the Reg. If that is the only problem that people get with the EV2 then I wouldn't let that put me off getting one as they are excellent rifles,but I wouldn't get rid of my Pro Target for one.

The Pro-Target is a much easier gun to work on, if there are reg problems to be fixed.

Mine does that as well. Need to get it sorted but this will be the 2nd time this has happened so if anyone has any suggestions as to who can fix this on a more permanent basis, I'd appreciate it. It should be someone fairly close as I'd rather deliver and collect in person.

As other posts though, when its all working as it should, the best rifle out there.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975