Thread: Crosman pro77 and Berreta PX4

Crosman pro77 and Berreta PX4

Hay, I just realised this thread was posted in the entirely wrong place - so here it is in the correct place!

Im looking at getting ether a Crosman pro77 or a Umarex Beretta PX4 Strom

Does anyone have opinions on these? As far as I can see the pro77 is cheaper and the slide locks back nicely but the PX4 can load pellets and BBs and is heavier (good fro me!) I do not know which is the most powerful though, which would be interesting.

My next issue is where to buy them. My local shop, Wonderland in Edinburgh, sells the Pro77 for £110 and the PX4 for £180 but this seems totally crazy when they are more than 3 times cheaper in the US. So it is worth getting them through a site like airgunexporter.com or is it easer and safer to just pay the premium in the UK?

Also is it cheaper and easer to ship them to a friend in the US who then posts them privately?

My final question is is a PX4 from the US even legal in the UK due to having a rifled barrel (I've heard the UK version is smooth-bore)?

Thanks in advance guys

Does anyone have any opinions of the Px4?.......I'm torn between that and the New Heckler and Coch Co2..

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Both my PX-4s have rifled barrels and are UK models.
    If you use steel bbs in a rifled barrel they will rattle down it like marbles down a drain & roger the rifling over time
    You really need to try them to decide, or buy both
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

My PX4 is UK bought and has rifled barrel. Great fun to shoot, but have never used a Pro77 so can't compare the two really. Even if you can buy from the US, import tax/VAT etc all tots up, and postage is often horrendous so with all the hassle probably best to buy UK. Bought my PX4 from Pellpax- came to less than the £180 quoted above- all in. As Nick says there are problems in using bbs in a rifled barrel- I stick with RWS Gecos/Hobby pellets which are cheap (check- sure our sponsor does one or both), -handy as you can blat off 16 shots in no time at all!

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    I'd recommend Umarex over Crosman every time. I've been shooting a PX4 this evening, and loved it. Earlier ones I tried had a slightly rubbery/cushioned blowback, which sometimes would not cock the hammer. This one this evening makes a whole load of metally noises whilst blowing-back (blowbacking?) and the slide moves freely, giving it quite a kick!
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

ive had my px4 for about three years now and fired over 5000 pellets and about 2000 bb,s through it and its still in perfect working order , never had a single problem with it apart from the odd random jam due to an uncorrectly seated pellet , its only real problem is with its accuracy , there great for blasting cans , bottles ect but youl get dissapionted when shooting paper targets with it , appart from accuracy px4 is a real nice strong well made pistol .
    Ive never tried the crosman but have had other crosman pistols , there cheap and cheerful but parts are worn out easy , id go for the px4 but i wouldent spend 180 quid on one , shop around mate ive seen em for as little as 130 quid and 150 quid is about the normal price for a standard px4.

Cheers guys! But this topic is out of date - it seemed to take ages to get through moderation.

But yeh I bought a PX4 last week - mainly because the shop had it in and I can be impatient :P But also because I knew I was getting a superior product.

Used it every day this week and burned through Co2 canisters - hopefully tomorrow I will get my delivery from the sponsor with Hobbys/Gecos, Co2 and a laser sight!

I'm loving the gun, it really was too expensive but meh its fantastic fun and I should get years and years out of it if I look after it.

Good choice. American reviews on the Pro 77 are not good.