Thread: FT club in cheshire

FT club in cheshire

Hi all
    Are there any FT clubs in North Staffordshire / South Cheshire area.

Cheers

Iain

Link here

Regards

Dave

FT Shoots

Hi Iain,
    Byley is just down the road from you in Crewe log onto www.british field target association & navigate along the top line for clubs then click on to nwft & it should take you to a drop down list click Byley then click their web site for all the information & directions//next shoot there is a week this Sunday from around 9.00am to 1.00pm
    There is a great shoot @ Quarnford just outside Buxton shoot all day for a fiver but John the owner likes you to have your own insurance-- which ain`t no big deal--- takes me from Sandbach @ a stroll around 40mins. click on the FT &HFT Shoot results & club chat & banter then open the Quarnford page for all the info you need-- great bunch of lads get up there & will make you most welcome, I never miss a shoot there even if Byley is on the same day I will always go to Quarnford.
    If you need any more info please feel free to drop me a line or call me on 07884255659---- Best regards Pete
    Last edited by peter b; 22-10-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: rewording

Thanks for the responses im off my feet at the moment, just had a hip operation but will give you a shout in a few weeks.

Cheers

Iain

Cheshire FT

Hi Iain,
    Hope you get better soon ,I forgot to mention there is also "Fort" club which has moved into Molesworth between Tarpoley & Chester, they used to be in Wrexham but I think had to move owing to finance ie.farmer wanting to much rent for the site(so i was told) this is not too far from Crewe,shot there a few times nice course around wooded area & lake---- but still prefer Quarnford each time a shoot is held on a totally differant course John the owner has 7 available which makes it a most interesting place to visit.
    Best regards get well soon or you will miss to much shooting--- Pete

Hi Pete thanks for the reply I've got another four weeks before I can drive but then I'm back mobile. Really looking for a club that my lad and I can go to he is really a target shooter but finished as the highest scoring junior in last years field target comp as part of the scouts shooting weekend at bisley.
    Are the shoots usually on a Sunday? As he is a keen rugby player too and the rugby would take precedence over the shooting until the summer break.

Cheers. Iain

Ft shoots

Hi Iain,
    Just about all the shoots within reasonable distance are on Sundays,the most usable for a junior would probably be Quarnford,targets are set out to suit all grades, because @ the end of the day shooters regardless of grade need to knock a few over----- it`s all about FUN & there are one or two juniors that shoot there with dad.
    Regards Pete

Cheers Pete
    Ill try and get over there when im back on my feet

Thanks

Iain