Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Mercury S

True. The Mercury S probably does shoot a bit better than the Airsporter S but . . . . . . . . . . . . I dont know where there is a Mercury S for sale!

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

mercury s

Theres one on guntrader for £150 has no open sights though.
    Tim

Mercury

TA! for that
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Mercury S

The Mercury S is a superb rifle
    Trigger can be carefully adjusted to a good sporting setting, and the bluing/finish is excellent. My .22 is one rifle I would not sell

I also own both a .177 and a .22 Airsporter S

A comparison of accuracy and power:

Off the bench using a soft cushion:

Airsporter S - .177 -power 9.8 ft lbs . 10 shot groups at 50 yds with jsb 1.75" average (no flyers)

Airsporter S - .22 - power 10.1 ft lbs 10 shot groups at 50 yds with H&N field 2.75" average (no flyers)

Mercury S - .22- power 11.6 ft lbs 10 shot groups at 50 yds with AA Field 2" average (no flyers)

The .22 Mercury S is definitely a full power and very accurate sporting air rifle
    John
    hold me back !!

Mercury S

Thanks all you guys. I actually found one which I think I will buy, it's in fine nick, beech stock, .22 and for £150. I would have liked a Walnut stock and .25 but you never know!!!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    Thanks all you guys. I actually found one which I think I will buy, it's in fine nick, beech stock, .22 and for £150. I would have liked a Walnut stock and .25 but you never know!!!
    Beech stock? I thought Mercury S only came with a walnut stock. A beech stock was fitted to the standard Mercury IMO a totally different animal.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ... That's some good loot you've got there Mr Jones, but I still go giddy over your HW35 rack (booootiful ). Atb: G.
    Gareth, the tiger stripped .22 has already left home. I am working on the rest.
    I see IJ has bought another rifle off here this morning. I will try to convince him to adopt your one in one out policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    Gareth, the tiger stripped .22 has already left home. I am working on the rest.
    I see IJ has bought another rifle off here this morning. I will try to convince him to adopt your one in one out policy.
    You caught me off guard with that 'S'. I'm still having withdrawl symptoms.

My collection has increased by 2 in the past few days including the 35B of Clives and courtesy of B.A.R.

ATB
    Ian

Beech stock

It is beech stocked. Guy has had it from new, also it is an "S" cos it says so between the scope rails.
    Cant wait to get it.