Thread: JSR Close Range Mini 6 x32....First Impressions

edbear2 Guest

Thumbs up JSR Close Range Mini 6 x32....First Impressions

I have a specific need......We have a rat problem at the border with our neighbour....they nest in a hedge and "visit" both our patio, and next door's...we both have bird feeders. We are not overrun, but they are brave enough (the young at least) to be active during the day.

The "target" area is the base of a hedge, only 6 yards away....I had been getting the odd one that was a clear shot with my Vintage BSA / open sights, but now they tend to stay in shadow, so have started using a TX in.177 that normally is a bell target gun, but on non club nights wears the above scope!

The Full description on JSR's site is; "JSR 6x32 Mini Illuminated PX Adi Mil Dot Riflescope", and it weighs a scant 340 grms, and is just 210mm long!

The main attraction for me was the range of the front PX adjustment.....from 100 yds .....down to 3 yards!.......and it really does what it says on the box!.......Also, (although I double check before using the gun in anger)...It comes off and re-mounts retaining it's zero every time (I use pro mounts) so it is the work of a few seconds to pop on. In use, it has transformed my shooting, allowing me to see into the base of the hedge against a dark background where open sights are impossible to use...the image is clear and bright, and the whole units adjustments are smooth, and give the feel of a scope that costs far, far more (and I have had Pecars and other German stuff and big nikkos / lymans etc., so am familiar with more expensive glass).

It cost a shade under £40, and although I haven't utilised the red / green illuminated reticule, or tried it at longer ranges (both not why I bought it)....for close up and personal ratting and similar, I would very highly recommend it. I actually prefer it over my Simmons 1.5 - 5 x 20 Whitetail....that's how impressed I am!)

Like you I bought it as a ratting scope, I needed a light weight parallax adjustable scope to use with a Yukon NVMT4 add on.

The thick mildot reticule usually considered to be a disadvantage is ideal for use with night vision. Also having a small objective lens gives greater depth of field again an advantage with nv.

I haven't bothered to try the illuminated feature but i'm sure it does what it is supposed to. I tested the aim point at the centre of the cross hairs with a red dot laser and it held true across the AO range, not all budget scopes do.

Free p&p as well, an excellent buy.