Thread: BSA goldstar/superstar

BSA goldstar/superstar

hi all I'm new here does anyone know if the above are collectable and what my chances are of picking one up for £150 I am willing to repair if needs be and which one is better I have heard the goldstar can be troublesome am looking for accuracy to frag some bunnies

Your budget shouldn't be a problem as there is a superstar for sale on here at the moment for £150 in the sales section.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Both quite collectable since they do have a loyal following and are very good bits of kit once fettled or run in properly. Samples would need to be in very very good condition to be collectable per se but used ones with signs of use may indeed be had for around £150 for a Superstar. A friend of mine bought one for less than that last year and loves it.

Unless a multi-shot (self-loading) facility is mandatory, the SS is the better prospect I think. I have owned 3 Superstars; a standard length Mk1 in 0.177, a Carbine Mk2 in 0.22 and a standard length example in 0.25 and my particular favourite by far was the Mk2 Carbine for it's excellent balance and pointability, choice of calibre up to you. Of course none of these was in the £150 category, being unmarked pristine examples and the smaller calibre ones were sorted by me and produced very consistent velocities with smooth cocking and firing cycles.

They are very easy to strip and service, particularly if you have a spring compressor and adaptor to straddle the retaining pin.

In my opinion, one of the very best fixed barrel rifles around.

Hope that helps.

If you do find one and need any help or advice making it how you want it, just drop me an e-mail!

The real BSA experts will be along soon too!

Enjoy your membership of the forum.

ATVB
    David
    Last edited by TopDog; 24-10-2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Cool

Hi

As already said, they're both fantastic rifles Here's mine and they are both super-smooth to cock and shoot

Good luck with your hunt for one (would think you will easily acquire one for £150)

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

thanks think I'm gonna go with the superstar I had to make a few posts before I could access the sales section I've got a supersport but find it not to be that accurate

goldstar superstar

i have had both the above rifles and found the goldstar the best,but find the hw 77 97 80 to beat them hands down.the trigger and accuracy let the bsa rifles down.then again everyone is different.
    hw 80 .22 mk1
    sharp innova .22
    hw 95 177

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi

As already said, they're both fantastic rifles Here's mine and they are both super-smooth to cock and shoot

Good luck with your hunt for one (would think you will easily acquire one for £150)

John
    Beautiful "Goldie" there John !

"B'rider"

Bsa

Never seen a early Supersport D\l on here with the maxigrip,Breech bolt,chequering and 2 stage trigger...they were very nice Beezas,
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

I had both in .22, and much preferred the Superstar. The Goldstar didn't handle quite so well for standing shots, and I had trouble with the magazine. The Superstar (a Mk.I) was excellent, and the Rotary Breech was a joy to use. I'd definitely have another, but I would also say that the TX200 is a better rifle all round - handling, accuracy and build.

Biased

Hello there chap. Noticed your thread and thought I would chip in to let you know that I have a MkII Superstar for sale at the moment in the for sale section. Have linked a number of pics if you want to have a look. Has a lovely balance and shoots very sweetly. It was my first gun and as such I am rather biased but it still holds it's own against my HK100.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypaws View Post
    Hello there chap. Noticed your thread and thought I would chip in to let you know that I have a MkII Superstar for sale at the moment in the for sale section. Have linked a number of pics if you want to have a look. Has a lovely balance and shoots very sweetly. It was my first gun and as such I am rather biased but it still holds it's own against my HK100.

Will
    Nice looking gun that, Will. I have an RB2 Airsporter and the breech is one of the best ever for an underlever, in my opinion.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.