Thread: 1st? post - or 2nd? - introduction and question

1st? post - or 2nd? - introduction and question

Hello All
    I started with fullbore many years ago, moved onto smallbore target recently and finding it very challenging. As much mental as physical but, a sport you can participate in far later than most other sports.

Now looking for something similar I can do indoors at short distance and settled on target airpistol.
    I am not likely to compete as there are too many other things going on so after viewing your, and other, sites I would like to settle on one of the FWB (65 to 102) or Izmash SSP pistols.

You have a great site and I can understand the concerns/objections with regard to 'lurkers' (and restricted access to buy and sell) but the reality is that a newbie like me is likely to have little of interest to say to your members - making initial posts difficult without a specific weapon to discuss.

Question - I and others in my position are members of other forums(in my case fullbore and smallbore) - presumably it would be relatively easy to check their records on those forums? Just an idea!

Regards

John
    Last edited by Gnr527; 25-10-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Incomplete

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Hi and welcome

With regards to your question - please don't take this the wrong way, but I (and I'm sure many others) would much rather you contributed to this fine community as opposed to just using it as a supermarket to get a bargain

I believe the minimum amount of posts to be able to view the sales section is only 5 - that's not a huge amount - many other forums state you must have a minimum of 100 posts in six months or 250 over a year before you can get to the sales sections.

You've got one post - you seem to have narrowed down your choice of gun - why not ask for opinions? Don't forget non-airgun - there are loads of posts in there - I'm sure you can find some to reply to

You've not got a huge amount of detail in your public profile - why not tell us about yourself - come on - join in

hi and welcome

Hi timmaaah

Thanks for the welcome and the response – no offence taken and none meant in the following:-

1. I thought I was making an effort to contribute and also trying to demonstrate that my aim was not to use the site as a cheap supermarket.
    2. I don’t have any problem with the forums 5 posts requirement and don’t see it as unreasonable. With regard to ‘lurkers’ whilst acknowledging that many members find them objectionable others see the average lurker as nothing more than the uninitiated trying to learn until such time as he/she has something useful/interesting to add.
    3. You are correct in that I have 1 post – a previous attempt failed, I suspect, because it ran counter to rules.
    I expressed myself badly in my first two paragraphs – I was trying a) to give a bit of information about myself and b) floating the provisional conclusion of my early lurks for a suitable pistol (hoping for comments on my choices or alternatives).
    4. My knowledge of air weapons is minimal so all my current effort on your site is to that end. When I catch breath I assume I will look at and participate in other sections where I do have a little knowledge although I don’t see much interest in such as Lee Enfields/Parker Hale sights/old American scopes/Enforcer rifles etc.
    5. I will add to my public profile but feel the information in these two posts gives far more relevant detail than e.g. the fact that I live in Sussex.

In conclusion I would be delighted to receive any comments/criticism on my proposed choice of pistol.

Regards
    John

what is the air gun you are talking about?

Regards

BB

Hi BB

My principal interests are fullbore and smallbore prone target shooting so looking for an indoor shortrange air pistol in an effort to improve mental and physical control (i'm getting old and feeble).

I do want an accurate gun but dont want to fool around with bottles/gasses etc and cant afford/justify paying over 1000£$Euros for the 'latest/greatest'

After a fair bit of research I have narrowed the likely choice down to secondhand FWB 65, 80, 100, 102, Issy46 or new46M.

So - I was trawling to see if the experienced airgunners had any particular comments/recommendations/'No' 'Nos'/buying do's and dont's/alternatives to help me on my way!

All contributions gratefully received

Regards
    John

Thumbs up

That s fun. Since I am german I wanted to recomand you eGun, and link you up here...

http://www.************egun.de/marke...php?id=2999443

just to find out that you are already bedding on that

I don`t know if you are german too or understand german. The seller wrote that there is a little initial rust at the cocking lever, but to me the gun looks fine still.

I am new in the airgun-theme. I already read a lot, but I am unexperiencend in shooting them. As I heard the Feinwerkbau 65/80 ect. should be fine. You should get them from 100 €to 180 € plus shipping.

Personal I own a HW 40 (bought it for 70 €) that is also quite good. But I did not like the cocking, for after a while you get tired what influence your personal accuracy.

So I bought a brno tau 7 (rare at eGun) for 180 € something on eGun and I am very contend with the co2 and the gun. Nevertheless I am still looking for a five shooter (Drulov or B 96/98).

Good luck

BB
    Last edited by bnb2010; 27-10-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks for that BB - its all useful information.

I'm not german but did spent a very enjoyable 18 months in Celle a long time ago - should have spent more time learning to speak the language instead of just ordering beer

Regards
    John

Whats wrong with ordering beer? I get much more fluent every time I do so.... ...ah, I should order immediatley

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Hello and Welcome to the BBS.