Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
It always makes me sad too see that the ramsj about CO2 and temperature is still around. They've shot olympics and world champs with co2, how bad do you think it ís?? If its good enough for thóse shooters wouldnt it be good enough for us?? As long as you shoot at normal ranges (inside) you'll never have real temp differences anyway. The Tau 7 was chrono tested from about 10 to 22 degrees or something, and didnt give ONE single fps difference..
As long as yóu are comfortable shooting at a temp, so is yr weapon.
The 1996 worldrecord was shot with CO2..while there already wére pcp's around.
I myself shoot best (= most consistent, smalles group) with my Tau 7. Not with my morini, hammerli or aeron pcp's.
Unless yr shooting toplevel, CO2 has no downsides. And the only réal downside is, balanceshift, not temperature. Topshooting insnt outside in the cold anyway!
Yeah, when I shoot close to zero temp, my shooting changes, but ís it the Tau?? Or is it me having chills?? I dont shoot well with ány gun at those temps..And what if it díd shift a tad? Few clicks, solved. You have to alter many times because of the light etc. Thats what practise shots are for. So whats the problem with a few clicks for temp??
CO2 temperature problems are SO exagerrated..In matchguns that is. Cheapo crosman stuff is another story..
Feel free to choose CO2. Its just as accurate as pcp. As is SSP by the way. Pcp is just easier to cock, and cause its more modern, it may have better ergonomics and adjustability. But inherent accuracy is the same.
Pcp is a hype, everyone 'must' have pcp. Cant recall many shootings that nééds pcp though cause they're so good.
I own my pcp pistols cause I love their looks. But I cant outshoot the Tau 7 anyway..My best is around the 180-182 ex 200. And I'm no topshot.

If you want spring, look for the Diana 10 as well. I very much prefer it above the, for me, awkward FWB65. Too light up front, and awkward sidecocking.
FWB makes nice SSP's for instance. And the Tau 7 is a great CO2 pistol.
Agreed, 125%!!