Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle sling

Question Rifle sling

Having to cut costs I have re-invested in a BSA Lightweight MK II International rifle, made in 1959 (It's nearly as old as me) to try standing and kneeling or prone (this may involve rebuilding the range as it's set up for standing only at the moment).
    I now need a sling and the other bits (my old ones were passed on to other shooters in the dim and distant past). Does anyone have a sling, glove, jacket (size 42 or thereabouts) etc gathering dust that they would part with for a reasonable price? Anyone got a Mexico Sling? Any help gratefully received.

I have an Andrew Tucker double canvass jacket which needs a new pad on the right elbow(the rubber is available from www.bedfordshootingsupplies by post) and it could do with a clean if your interested I can send pictures by email and you can make your mind up but I wont want an arm and a leg for it.
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by martini1215 View Post
    I have an Andrew Tucker double canvass jacket which needs a new pad on the right elbow(the rubber is available from www.bedfordshootingsupplies by post) and it could do with a clean if your interested I can send pictures by email and you can make your mind up but I wont want an arm and a leg for it.
    Thanks for the offer but I have bought an NSRA Buttstop off the auction site (for a fiver!). Nice condition but needs a clean (as described).
    I missed the sling but will keep looking.
    The Buttstop isn't as thick as the AT jacket so maybe I'll come back to you later (if you still have it). How much are you asking? If it's low enough I'll pass the Buttstop onto someone else in the club.

Hiya majex after giving it careful consideration if you want the jacket (which needs a clean and as mentioned the elbow pad) I will get a price to post it and as long as I get the postage and packaging costs back you can have it to do up as you please, I was going to do it myself and sell it on the auction site but would rather it went to a good home with someone I know is going to shoot with it,42 inch chest btw.
    regards Neil
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Thank you, I'll accept

Hiya majex after giving it careful consideration if you want the jacket (which needs a clean and as mentioned the elbow pad) I will get a price to post it and as long as I get the postage and packaging costs back you can have it to do up as you please, I was going to do it myself and sell it on the auction site but would rather it went to a good home with someone I know is going to shoot with it,42 inch chest btw.
    regards Neil
    You have PM.

Hiya Majex, the £7 you suggested by pm will cover the postage and packing for the jacket so yes if you want to go ahead and have it its yours,I bought the bubble wrap envelope to send it in and as I said in reply I will go and send it as soon as the money clears or postal order or cheque arrive let me know which way you want as the email I have for contact here isnt registered to my paypal account
    Kind Regards Neil

Read the post!

Hiya Majex, the £7 you suggested by pm will cover the postage and packing for the jacket so yes if you want to go ahead and have it its yours,I bought the bubble wrap envelope to send it in and as I said in reply I will go and send it as soon as the money clears or postal order or cheque arrive let me know which way you want as the email I have for contact here isnt registered to my paypal account
    Kind Regards Neil
    Have replied to PM without reading post. I'll send money by Paypal if that's OK. I'll do this tomorrow - too much homebrew tonight.

Hiya majex
    the jacket was posted at 0950 today 7 November,can you let me know when it arrives please? I have proof of postage should we need to get anything back from the Post Office
    Regards Neil

Hiya majex
    the jacket was posted at 0950 today 7 November,can you let me know when it arrives please? I have proof of postage should we need to get anything back from the Post Office
    Regards Neil
    The jacket arrived today. Thank you Neil, you are a gentleman and a shooter.

I have read that it is best to stay away from leather slings - is this something other people agree with ?

Quote Originally Posted by macdonaldal View Post
    I have read that it is best to stay away from leather slings - is this something other people agree with ?
    I am told that the latest technlogy is synthetic and doesn't stretch.

Yes, it's as simple as that.

Rutty

Magazine

I paid my subscription to "Leather and Latex Monthly" only to find out it is a trade paper for the harness and welly boot industry

No, it's not as simple as that. Some will & some won't. People that agree will also probably say it's best to stay away from MkII Martinis. As with so many things in life it's largely a case of personal preference and horses for courses.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy22 View Post
    No, it's not as simple as that. Some will & some won't. People that agree will also probably say it's best to stay away from MkII Martinis. As with so many things in life it's largely a case of personal preference and horses for courses.
    I was hoping to shoot "Post Classic" with it, it was made in 1958 (when I was 4) hence looking for period (read: old, obsolete, cheap) accessories.