Thread: Finding shooting ground in the West Midlands

Finding shooting ground in the West Midlands

Hi to all the members, Im new to the air gun hobby and really looking forward to getting out there and bagging me some bunny's.
    This thread is for anyone who could point me in the right direction to findng shooting ground in the West Midlands or any tips on how to approach the local farmers.
    Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran1970 View Post
    Hi to all the members, Im new to the air gun hobby and really looking forward to getting out there and bagging me some bunny's.
    This thread is for anyone who could point me in the right direction to findng shooting ground in the West Midlands or any tips on how to approach the local farmers.
    Many thanks.
    Righto, you need to ensure clean dispatch of quarry be they rabbit/woodpigeon whatever and to do that means spending enough time on targets till you can do this consistantly. So visit local clubs (there are a number in West Mids) and practice and practice.
    As to obtaining permissions, this is not easy. but the following may help.
    • Sending letters to local famers/landowners offering your services.
    • At first contact do not turn up in camo gear.
    • Have insurance, BASC, CLA or BASA etc and carry it.
    • Be polite, very important. They dont know you and 1st impressions count.
    • Establish exactly what and when you would be allowed to shoot.
    Good luck, and persevere.

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Thumbs up shooting midlands

Try the Greyhound gun club Coventry, if you want to travel that far, it's not a bad run down to here, I'm an 'expat' from Walsall myself now living in Cov.
    PM me if you wnt directions, JOHN.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran1970 View Post
    Many thanks.
    it is very hard to find perrmission,i was lucky and landed on 1 but i pay a subsciption per year for my shoot.
    theoben mk1 rapid 1.77,LOGUN SOLO 177 10 SHOT MAG ,BSA Lightning 1.77
    WEBLEY VENOM VIPER 22 2SHOT, airarms 410 carbine,1.77