Thread: What pellets for a mk v .22 Airsporter?

What pellets for a mk v .22 Airsporter?

Hi

Used to use Eley Wasps and having dug the old girl out was wondering if there was anything else/better to use. Mainly for vermin control.

Thanks

RWS Superdomes are by far the best. Don't even think of using the new wasps - they are crap.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Ahhh ha. So I hadn't been dreaming when I thought I'd seen something about new Wasps. They were great on squizzers.

Thanks for that.

Hi Twitchy,

I can confirm the Wasp thing, Eley stopped making them a year or so back, now they are "Bisley" Wasp's.
    You will only find Eley's from some shop's old stock, pellet collectors, or maybe an auction site - but look carefully, the tin is still almost identical - unfortunately the contents are not.

Also, traders often still call them Eley wasps though they aren't, maybe as a sort of generic term - which just shows how good they really were in the day.

Regards

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Domes !

"B'rider"

Another vote for RWS superdomes

Andy
    AMT Lightning Winchester 250
    Berretta Silver Pigeon II ... Nikko Daiwa 12g
    AA TX200 .177 Prosport .22 HW 90 .22 Venom .22

Hi,

My .22 Airsporter's seem's to Shoot well with H&N Field Target Trophy 5.54's..Air Arms,and JSB Exact also seem to work well..They also shoot well in my 45" Pre-War Standard, this Rifle, dates from 1928.. The Best However are Eley Wasps...The new one's however are crap and seem to rattle down the Barrel.What a shame a UK Manufacturer's can not make 5.56mm Pellet's to the same quality as Eley did !!!!!..

Regard's

Inproved

Newmarket, Suffolk. More than a one horse town!
    My Mk6 Airsporter is not pellet fussy at all, and works perfectly well on older wasps, but if you like them then try Milbro Caledonian. Similar style and much better made than anything else at the price. Even my HW95 loves them!
    Join BASC. You know it makes sense!