Hi all. I am getting the bug once again after first using air rifles and pistols back in the late 70s and early 80s....
Actually really looking forward to the process of buying a new air rifle...pretty amazed how they have developed over the last 25-30 odd years. Interested is hunting only. I have consulted this site and others over the last 2 weeks or so, and have established that I would benefit from so called 'permissions' and so the other day I had a word with a local farmer I know by name and he has allowed me to shoot vermin on his land, which is handy as my back garden borders his land. This totals about 1,500 acres, which is pretty big I suppose. He has marked my 1:25,000 OS map with the specific areas, so I guess thats a start. I would be very grateful if the readers of this forum could answer 2 questions ?
I have read about PCP ( brother-in law has AA S410 ) and I feel they are not for me ( too much hassle ? ). I think I want an underlever as apposed to a traditional break barrel ( better accuracy ? ) so I have got a short list thus far: Air Arms TX200 MK111
Air Arms Pro Sport
Weihrauch HW97
Budget from say £400-500 to include sight.
Your expert opinion would be most welcome. Also, which organisation to join, if any?
Thank you for reading this message, kind regards, Ravanelli