Thread: new hobby

new hobby

Hi all....tried to post last night but some how didnt work.
    After first starting to use air weapons in the late 70s and early 80s now back with added interest. I have been reading several internet sites over the last month or so, and I am really surprised at how the sport has progressed. The air rifles seem to be so much better that 25-30 years ago. I have noticed that seeking authority to shoot vermin on private land seems to be a good starting point, so I have done this first prior to getting kitted out. I have been given authority to shoot on about 1500 acres of farmland which backs on to my garden, so that's handy. I am only interested in pest control so I would really appreciate some advice as to what air rifle to purchase. A relative has the Air Arms S410. I believe that I would prefer to avoid the PCP as they seem too much hassle, so have thought about an underlever ( more accurate than traditional break barrel ?)
    My sort of short list is: Air Arms TX200,Weihrauch HW97 and Air Arms Pro Sport. All .22 probably. Budget perhaps £400+.Your expert thoughts would be appreciated.
    Also, what shooting organisation should I join....BASC seems to be the obvious choice?
    Thank you for taking the time reading this message.

Hi Rava, good to have you join..

Either of those springers will do the job nicely, if I were you though I'd take my time and keep an eye out on for a used one on here, some great rifles come up in the for sale section and often at very good prices.

Countryside Alliance is another good organisation to join instead of BASC, but BASC is the best known and has some good legal representatives in case anything ever goes wrong.

Rgds

dave.

hi and welcome