Thread: Valuation Webley Vulcan please

Valuation Webley Vulcan please

hello to all you Webley fans

my friend has a Webley Vulcan he would like to sell but we have no idea what its worth so before we put it up for sale for peanuts we would appreciate your help and advice

the gun is still sporting its open sights and screw in silencer, stock has a few knocks and scuffs nothing too bad but no splits, the action has surface rust but no pitting i have just given it a wipe and 90% has come off, the action is tight and it fires with no twang and sends the pellet downrange i would guess in the region of 10ftlb but i have no crony at the moment so this is just speculation,
    the serial no:878993

thanks in advance for any info and valuation
    http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l530/apb007/vulcan/

regards Andy
    Last edited by slingshot; 30-10-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    Gamo Phox .22
    BSA Lightning SE GRT .22
    tuned XS78 .22

pics now added

cheers Andy
    Gamo Phox .22
    BSA Lightning SE GRT .22
    tuned XS78 .22

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Webley Vulcan.

Right then Andy, a Vulcan like this went for £130 about a week and a half ago on here but from the pics it looked really nice. This one seems to have rust as you say and a quite a few dents, scratches and scrapes both on the metalwork and the stock but as you say, its shoots OK.
    I was interested in a good one with a nice RWS scope with a price of £150 about a month ago on "Guntrader".
    This one could do with a good overall but after that it would be quite nice.
    I think your looking at around £100-£110 ish but its really up to your buddy.

Hope that helps.

thanks for that Blackrider
    good job i gave it a wipe over before i took the pics i have not been inside or even had the action out of the stock but it dose cock nice and smooth and fires ok a slight bit of dieseling but then my mate gave it a bit of the dreaded 3 in 1 oil down the cocking slot which he told me was what the guy at the gun shop told him to do so i think its just a bit of the oil seeping past the piston cup i should have also put that the bore is as clean as a clean thing no rust at all
    i think if i tell him £100 give or take a few bob and see if he want me to put it up for grabs

thanks again
    regards Andy
    Gamo Phox .22
    BSA Lightning SE GRT .22
    tuned XS78 .22