Thread: Grips: Cybergun Sig Sauer p226 x-five

Grips: Cybergun Sig Sauer p226 x-five

I don't have one of these yet - waiting to see how money will be this month but from looking at it I love the design, the one bit I don't like is the plastic cheap looking grips.

However the screws on the side suggest that the grips might be removable and if so, could they be replaced with rubber or wooden grips designed for the real p226?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    That depends how closely they've copied the original.
    All standard & aftermarket 1911-A1 grips fit the Umarex Colt 1911.
    The Umarex Beretta 92 has a different screw spacing on the left to the standard 92 (although I think it may be possible to drill & tap an additional hole at the correct spacing), my KJ Works airsoft beretta 92 takes all standard and aftermarket grips.
    The Umarex Smith & Wessons don't take any standard or aftermarket S&W grips.
    It really is a case of suck it & see
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Yes, that's something you wouldn't think of (at least, I wouldn't think of it , but the need for a CO2 bulb, or simply the whim of the air pistol manufacturer, could throw everything off, where grips are concerned.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

The plastic grips wont stop you smiling if you do get one Zippo.
    Its like the PPK but all grown up and mean.
    Last edited by gingernut; 02-11-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: alt

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    The plastic grips wont stop you smiling if you do get one Zippo.
    Its like the PPK but all grown up and mean.
    Amen to that .

carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Update on this: I recently saw a review on pyramid air where a guy said he had bought rubber grips for his P226 and they didn't fit!

I dunno how crafty he was and wither you could bodge it (cut them or dill a new hole ect) but I wont be bothering

Zippo,

I`ve just purchased a slip on grip for my X-five. I bought it from a gun store in the states but I believe they are available on the Bay or from the internet.

These are what I`m talking about,

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?...ndex&cPath=114

They make mine feel a whole lot better, they do add a little to the width but I have larger hands and the finger groves help give a comfortable and constant grip.

Regards

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike145 View Post
    Zippo,

I`ve just purchased a slip on grip for my X-five. I bought it from a gun store in the states but I believe they are available on the Bay or from the internet.

These are what I`m talking about,

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?...ndex&cPath=114

They make mine feel a whole lot better, they do add a little to the width but I have larger hands and the finger groves help give a comfortable and constant grip.

Regards

Mike
    Mmm thats interesting!

Will have to look into that when I finally get my Sig

Thanks!

Sig Grips.

Hiya,

I got these grips from Midway UK for a standard X-Five / Cybergun and tried dremeling them into shape:-
    http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproduc...eItemID=984828

The safety both sides was blocked by the grips so I had to remove a lot of the top rear portion. It also needed hollowing out a fair bit, even then I found the magazine didn't seat properly. I was reading up and it seemed the X-Five could are different from a standard P226 as here:-
    http://www.handgunforum.net/sig-saue...26-x-five.html

I ended up putting the original plastic grips back until I improve my dremeling skills or find closer matching grips. These slipons mentioned sound good though.

Cheers

Rich.

I wouldnt worry too much about the grips on the Sig . I think the standard jobbys are fine . The pistol is so good that one or two little weaknesses are no bad thing . Having recently held a real Sig 226 ( deactivated - that will be £900 please !! ) there is v little difference as regards weight and ergonomics - only in build quality and materials - which is obvious really but still the cybergun is amazing for what you are paying . Little details like the trademarks and the way the barrel tips when the slide is back . Awesome .
    The Sig and the Witness really are the best replicas around at the moment .
    Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Their GSG Beretta is good too.
    Although if you shut your eyes you could be shooting the Sig.

The only alternative grips for this gun are the grips from the airsoft version of the sig.