Thread: Strange way to change calibre`s

Exclamation Strange way to change calibre`s

Hi all,(pics below)
    Ive been asked to drop the power on an old HW77 as it was running very hot!.
    When i was given the rifle i didnt take it out of the case until i got home and this is when i spotted a gap in between cylinder+barrel.I thought it was strange so continued to strip.I took the action out of the stock and then noticed some weld+grinder marks either side of gap mentioned and alarm bells started ringing!.
    It seems to me like someone has changed calibres on this by cutting off one barrel and then weld another on?.The weld is cracking and the barrel isnt running true to the cylinder either.
    I also found the rifle to have 2 springs but they where finished properly at the ends?.
    Has anyone seen this before and seem to remember TR Robb doing twin spings?.
    ATB
    Steve
    PICS HERE
    http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/.../SCARY%20HW77/

Yes, TR Robb did/does sell twin spring conversions, which are wound in opposite directions to counteract any twist or torque that may be introduced when a standard spring unwinds upon firing.

But I cannot tell from Your pics if the springs are wound opposite to each other, soz.

atb, Gareth.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gambo View Post
    Yes, TR Robb did/does sell twin spring conversions, which are wound in opposite directions to counteract any twist or torque that may be introduced when a standard spring unwinds upon firing.atb, Gareth.
    TWIN SPRINGS!.That's a cracking idea....I wonder where he got the idea for that