Thread: H&k p30....

H&k p30....

I have been looking for a Xmas pressie (for myself) and fancy getting a C02. Having looked on line and in the mags have decided on H&K P30 but have not had a chance to use one as no one down the club has one!!

I know that there are lots out there and personal choice to one side has any one got any data on it? What pellets should I be using (have .22 break barrel). I can not use Steel BB's due to club rules (ricochet) but was told you can get Lead/ Brass combis (not that I can find)?

Any thoughts, opinions or comments on the H&K P30 would be welcomed. Cheers.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I have a P30, I strongly suggest you actually shoot one and compare against CP88 and 1911 as the P30 trigger is not in the same league - I haven't stripped & fettled it yet though
    Don't be put you off if you fancy the gun - I'm keeping mine but won't be using it for IPAS unless a strip, fettle & lube produce a dramatic improvement.
    I'm an Anics Skif owner & fan too so there's no accounting for taste
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

If you search Replica co2 collection you will find a nice American chap who collects and reviews co2 pistols.
    You will see he has some adverse comment on this pistol.
    Buy what he likes and you will be fine.
    RWS gecos are good cheap pistol pellets.

H&N do copper coated lead BB's which are fine on the BARPC range
    HW100kt .177, MTC Viper Connect. HW97kt .177, EB Sniper. Brocock .177 Contour XL, Custom Walnut Stock, MTC Viper Connect. Brocock .177 Grand Prix,Walther Red-Dot. HW45 'Silver Star'. Tanfoglio Witness. Walther PPKs. Morrini 'MatchGun' PCP match pistol.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian666 View Post
    H&N do copper coated lead BB's which are fine on the BARPC range
    Do you know of any UK stockists?
    How much?
    Nick

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Do you know of any UK stockists?
    How much?
    Nick
    This help Nick?

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/ammunition.html

ATVB
    Pete
    Last edited by PALADIN; 04-11-2010 at 12:38 AM.
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Cheers Pete,
    I just might have to get some of those,
    ATB,
    Nick

hi there
    I have a walther nighthawk which I'll be putting up for sale. It doesn't have a trigger like the colt 1911 but it is one of the lightest CO2 pistols out there and it does come with a moderator and a red dot sight.

Cp88

You will go a long way to beat the CP88. They seemed to get everything about right first time around, being the first new release since C02 was legalized here again. No model has really improved on this model in all this time but with this latest P30 being a major step backward IMO.

Guns which have to index a magazine are never going to have the best trigger in the world and are a disaster for accuracy in double action but ive found that the CP88 and S&W do it about the best. Umarex seem to generally have the most reliable actions too.
    Choose a 6 inch for greater accuracy and power potential and forget anything with sub 3.5 inch barrels....power and accuracy too miserable!
    We routinley choose lead pellet firing models for our club where there is no danger of rebounds and accuracy potential is better.