Thread: Bell target league.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bell target league.....

Just wanted to let any old cobwebed collectors know of the meeting in Derbyshire tomorrow night....can't do those "linky things" but there is a thread in the anything airgun section...everyone welcome.

Bell Target

Too far south to attend. But like to wish you every success.
    Have similar hopes for a league on the South Coast.
    Perhaps it is time for a National body so that we all could shoot to the same rules etc. Or is there such a thing?
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

Hi matey,

As you probably know belltarget shooting is (mostly) centered around the west midlands areas & different leagues often shoot slightly different rules..i'll let you know how our meeting goes & if succesfull..or not!! Thanks for your input...& good luck.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leadhead View Post
    Too far south to attend. But like to wish you every success.
    Have similar hopes for a league on the South Coast.
    Perhaps it is time for a National body so that we all could shoot to the same rules etc. Or is there such a thing?
    Hi...Our league runs fairly true to the original spirit, ie. recoiling sub 12 lb. springers and open sights.....no apertures, or even sight hoods allowed!....I have seen other leagues where they use PCP match rifles / jackets the lot!....I can't see the two coming together myself....In our league the most popular gun seems to be the HW77, then TX, but people shoot Airsporters / MK3 Webleys / supersports etc. so cost wise you can do fairly well with an out of the box standard gun.

Of course people try and make the recoil smoother with spring guides / delrin top hats etc., and play with triggers....but there is a League "template" that all guns have to conform to, so you don't get all the normal target add ons like butt hooks, hand stops etc.

I personally would have zero interest in dressing up like an Olympic competitor, and shelling out £1300 to shoot 5 shots once a week...It is more of a social, relaxed evening (until the scores are close and it comes down to the last guy)......Also, you are shooting in front of maybe 30 people all having a chat and laugh, with people wandering in with food and beers etc., so people used to 10m ranges, and the quiet studious atmosphere there, must wonder what the hell is going on!....In fact I have seen that guys who have been doing it for a while actually feel the pressure more when the scores are close, and everybody goes quiet as they shoot

Chris...all the very best of luck mate..I hope something comes out of your efforts!
    Last edited by edbear2; 05-11-2010 at 08:33 AM.

sounds fun

Range docs

Hi Chris
    Many thanks for your efforts last night and the sandwiches (very nice).
    E-mail sent with attached draft range safety rules for the bell target range.

RA to follow this weekend

If I get time, I will also put together and send a draft constitution for the B.L C committee to review next week

Fingers crossed that they are happy to have us use the room and you will get this club up and running

There may well be other club members using this forum who perhaps could set up a 6 yd range at their club and compete with us via postal or even shoulder to shoulder

ATB
    John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 05-11-2010 at 08:48 PM.
    hold me back !!