Thread: Cross match of parts for vintage airguns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I will measure the length and diameter of springs,piston and bore of cylinder , if we do the same with more modern rifles and pistols it could be helpful for replacement of obselete parts ?
    Att. Mods .
    [/B][/QUOTE]Just off the top of my head the[hw 45]airpistol spring fit the z[milbro/british diana], pre-war[diana] and [haenel] junior guns e.g modxxx,mod.22/23,[milbro G76 "perfecta"],also the [original/diana] mod .5 pistol washer fit the [asi] apache air-rifle and vice versa results a tiny diesel with the harder plastic ;the [haenel]mod.303 air-riflre washer (leather) fit the hungarian (?) [fletcha]= (rubber washer);the old time chinese side-lever mod.[em 45- a (two spare used to be shipped in box )prove perfect in the [bsa cadet] with a coupla coils cut-off.Regards .Hu hellaxe

cross reference

Good idea regarding cross referencing parts I usually print off the exploded diagram off chambers site and cross ref all the parts numbers that are the same ie on weihrauchs and other brands ect
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Theoben Rammer cocking linkage

I came across an old (and interesting) article the other day, which mentioned the dangers of cocking a Theoben rammer with the stock off - and the likelihood that you'll break the cocking linkage.

In the article, it mentioned that "earlier BSA Meteors" used the same linkage - looking on the Chambers diagrams, it LOOKS like the Mk5 has the same linkage - hopefully I never have to find out

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"