Thread: Cross match of parts for vintage airguns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Just a thought but to help enable the continued use of vintage/older airguns
    amongst us some of the parts for current issue modern airguns ,particuarly springs washers etc will also fit the vintage airguns with some or no modification So how about a sticky for reference purposes from fellow members who have had some success doing this ?
    I have several airguns I am working on and as I strip them for repair I will measure the length and diameter of springs,piston and bore of cylinder , if we do the same with more modern rifles and pistols it could be helpful for replacement of obselete parts ?
    Att. Mods .
    One of the most common parts in vintage springers are leather washers.
    Most have either 25mm-1" or 28mm cylinders, and if you are a bit creative with a lathe, washers of guns with the same diameter can be adapted between them.
    Too many airguns!

I said 'yes' way back in 2010 (how time flies) and still think it a great idea.
    In particular, I would love a simple chart telling me which piston heads are transferable from one model to another :
    Firstly those that can be used without modification i.e. straight forward 'slip it on', and secondly those that may need modification with, if possible, details of the modification. The same could be done for breech seals.

Why not begin compiling a list of such things? A question asked in the General or Collectables fora could give much information.

A question I have been asked recently is regarding the Original 65 and 66 models: Are the mainsprings and the piston washers the same for these models? I think they are but it would be nice to be told so with 100% certainty.

Cheers, Phil