Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off to the Umarex factory...

Off to the Umarex factory...

...in that-there Germany on Tuesday.

I'm no pistol shooter but I'm determined to raise the profile of pistols in the mags. So, what sort of stuff should I be asking, looking out for, and finding out? Basically, what would you like to see in an article about an exclusive tour around the Umarex factory?

All sensible suggestions welcome.

Hey Terry

You lucky ..... lucky .

My only comment would be :

Ask them why they use foam in their cases that falls apart after about a year !

I contacted them to buy replacement foam inserts - could not get any - had a load of grief & eventually replaced it all myself (12 Umerex guns in one form or other !!)

Tell them it lets the product down !

Excellent guns though

Cheers

Roy

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    ...in that-there Germany on Tuesday.

I'm no pistol shooter but I'm determined to raise the profile of pistols in the mags. So, what sort of stuff should I be asking, looking out for, and finding out? Basically, what would you like to see in an article about an exclusive tour around the Umarex factory?

All sensible suggestions welcome.
    Terry,
    It would be nice to see some slightly higher power CO2 multi-shot pistols, a reliable 4+ ft/lbs in a special edition "Action Shooting" 1911 would go down very well.
    A Colt Peacemaker and a few other vintage models based around the Smith & Wesson general mechanics would go down well with a lot of collectors and many pistol nuts.
    One or two things at decent power in .22 would also go down well with many.
    I understand that much of the above could only sell into small areas of their market so I don't hold out much hope,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Might be interesting to know how they liaise with the manufacturers of the full bore versions- Beretta, Colt etc and then work out how to come up with a CO2 version?

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Terry,
    It would be nice to see some slightly higher power CO2 multi-shot pistols, a reliable 4+ ft/lbs in a special edition "Action Shooting" 1911 would go down very well.
    A Colt Peacemaker and a few other vintage models based around the Smith & Wesson general mechanics would go down well with a lot of collectors and many pistol nuts.
    One or two things at decent power in .22 would also go down well with many.
    I understand that much of the above could only sell into small areas of their market so I don't hold out much hope,
    ATB,
    Nick
    All the above get my vote-particularly the vintage model idea A higher powered CO2 multishot would result in immediate shrinkage of my bank balance too

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Might be interesting to know how they liaise with the manufacturers of the full bore versions- Beretta, Colt etc and then work out how to come up with a CO2 version?
    That's an easy one -
    they aproach a manufacturer, agree a licensing fee and any quality requirements from the owner of the trade mark, the rest is engineering, there are only about 3 basic internal mechanisms for the Umarex range, pick the best fit inside the shape & make it fit & work,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Terry, ask if they're planning to make a C96 broomhandle Mauser, or Luger P08. I think they'd sell quite well.

Also, why are spare magazines for the Beretta PX4 so expensive from Brocock? Nearly 30 quid here, but 6 quid in the USA? I refuse to pay that much and ended up selling my PX4, even though I loved using it.
    Prices on stuff like that must hurt sales to some extent. It certainly did in my case.

Cheers
    Garry

We have a goodly number of junior and student members at our club, and on wet and dismal days when they attend for some coaching and leisure time it's quite convenient to have an indoor paper punching comp with pistols instead of going round one of the outdoor ranges with rifles.

However most of the pistols are sized for adult hands; the eight shot CO2 pistols all seem to have double acting triggers, and small hands don't cope too well with heavy triggers and a grip that is a little too big for them.

A trainer or junior pistol would be something convenient to add to the range. The Webley Nemesis is well liked but still rather too big.

Lightbulb

Hi Terry

You may like to ask them why they find it so difficult to reply to emails?

Sent several now asking for a replacement CAMO stock for my 850 Airmagnum,
    as can't find one in U.K....but never had an answer yet!

ATVB
    Pete
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Ditto with the email question.

as above enquiries about any vintage western revolvers (especially the 1851 Colt Navy/Sheriff, 1860 Colt Army and the Colt Peacemaker in all barrel lengths), a Browning Hi-Power, Luger P08.

If you could please Terry, sure it would be greatly appreciated

All questions noted, chaps. Keep 'em coming.

Thanks.

Are they thinking of expanding their range, Lugers etc?

Thinking of the collector market etc.

Why are Magazines not available in larger multiples?
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Why did they change the finish? The older blued style finish is much sought after, the newer matt black finish is very fragile & not very popular.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

I'd be interested to know why the triggers on the Umarex pistols vary so much in quality from gun to gun, even in the same model. It seems your either lucky out of the box or not at the moment and the difference between a good one and a bad one is pretty big.

Cheers Craig.