Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Off to the Umarex factory...

An over Vacuumed cottage in NEWPORT Isle of Wight
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    ...in that-there Germany on Tuesday.

I'm no pistol shooter but I'm determined to raise the profile of pistols in the mags. So, what sort of stuff should I be asking, looking out for, and finding out? Basically, what would you like to see in an article about an exclusive tour around the Umarex factory?

All sensible suggestions welcome.
    id like to see them turn the Maruzen APS SR-2L into a 12ftlb black gun .. luvly.

the 1022 ruger rules 100ftlb thing ...that would rule the 12ftlb bit. im my insaine veiw..

as for pistols,

luger copy

id be first on the list

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'd like a nice proper blowback Glock 17/19 which fired pellets.
    Tell 'em not to rush - the end of the week be fine

and if you could find your way to the stores, I'd like to know why can't I find any accessories for my 1911
    specifically :-
    Tuning set 417.107
    Adj. sights 417.105

and finally why did they never do matching silver mags for the Smith & Wesson revolver? (the black ones on silver gun looked pants)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    I'm no pistol shooter but I'm determined to raise the profile of pistols in the mags. So, what sort of stuff should I be asking ..
    I’d like to know why Umarex does not produce original designs for CO2 pistols.

Not every air-pistol shooter is a Bruce Willis fanboy, so something which isn’t a copy of a Berretta or a Colt or a whatever would be more interesting.

boff180 Guest
    Indeed, echo the inconsistent trigger comments.
    Also the power comments.

Also, are there any plans to bring out more Pellet blow-back guns like the DE?

But finally, will Umarex ever redesign their standard magazine system to be more efficient so that less CO2 is lost on firing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Why did they change the finish? The older blued style finish is much sought after, the newer matt black finish is very fragile & not very popular.

With you on this one. I suspect they will says costings etc. Don't know about you but I'd be happy to pay the extra 5, 10 or £15 for a decent finnish.

Good luck, Phil

umrex mp5

spare mags for the mp5

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Brass View Post
    as for pistols,

luger copy

id be first on the list
    See taster in this months Air Gunner mag...ASG have done one and full details to follow in next months mag..

I echo the comments on the blued finish. If it is just cost most people I speak to don't like the satin finish and would presumably pay a little extra for the Blued finish, I know I would. I could then flog my satin Smith to Cookie (he being the sole exception to the above observation).

Spares and accessories are difficult to get. Wooden grips, competition sights, barrel conversions, all can take weeks to arrive when ordered through the local gunshop, although I accept that distribution problems in the UK may not be down to Umarex.

Models on my wish list?
    PO8 Luger will do for now, blued of course.
    A pellet firing, blowback version of the 1911.

Magazine feature? Well a photo tour of the factory would be nice, it would be interesting to see the manufacturing process. What testing do they do to completed guns?

Oh, by the way, I could get the day off work on Tuesday if you need anyone to carry your bag.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

itsaheadshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Terry, ask if they're planning to make a C96 broomhandle Mauser, or Luger P08. I think they'd sell quite well.

Also, why are spare magazines for the Beretta PX4 so expensive from Brocock? Nearly 30 quid here, but 6 quid in the USA? I refuse to pay that much and ended up selling my PX4, even though I loved using it.
    Prices on stuff like that must hurt sales to some extent. It certainly did in my case.

Cheers
    Garry
    spot on I 100% agree they will do extremely well doing a broomhandle and a luger also I know they do there own version but an official GLOCK would do very very well!!!!!! Not just modern guns but WW1 and WW2 I'm sure the German's would love to rekindle the Nazi's weapons in replica's!! I know us collectors will!!

itsaheadshot Guest
    Brocock have a chrome version of the Luger in 6mm and ASG do also 6mm. But a pellet version would be great!!

Umarex

For me Terry,

I would like to see,

Luger 9mm

Mauser P38 9mm (my personal favourite)

Hi Power 9mm

Colt .45 6 shooter

I assume most would be in 4.5mm,

I have a Crosman (plastic fantastic) 2210 and it bangs out 7 .22s in short order and is real fun and seriously accurate, though sadly is starting to leak,

I think Co2 in .22 would generate a lot of interest in Classic Gun formats.

Cheeers, Bernard.

itsaheadshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    spare mags for the mp5
    hi these are available already

itsaheadshot Guest
    hi think main issue is releasing more pellet firers there are more and more metal bb's being launched whereas this area is already heavily accomodated by other manufacturers inc Crosman/Daisy/KWC etc Whether the increase of metal bb is due to possible lead ban? Or due to US market keen on metal bb's and better for military security training?? But more launches of CO2 177 pellet firers and reproducing more H&K's inc P8/P10/MK23 using the Heckler koch brand etc Also the USP launching a rail sleeve so you can add a flashlight/laser/red dot.

Now whether what happens in Jan 2011 regarding gun law ammendments??

I echo the request for nickel mags for the nickel Smith & Wessons...the black mags absolutely ruin a perfect pistol!!!!
    How about the ultimate...a Co2 Gat!!!
    Eric.

Pretty much what Nick has stated about higher powered CO2 multi-shot pistols, and if they could produce more stainless steel models, i'm sure pistol shooters wouldn't mind paying the extra premium for a better quality pistol.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."