Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Off to the Umarex factory...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    I echo the request for nickel mags for the nickel Smith & Wessons...the black mags absolutely ruin a perfect pistol!!!!
    How about the ultimate...a Co2 Gat!!!
    Eric.
    Ha, Ha...Or what about a pop-out-blow-back with full-auto

itsaheadshot Guest
    Relaunching of the 8" barrels for the CO2 S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Ha, Ha...Or what about a pop-out-blow-back with full-auto
    That actually sounds painfully disgusting!!

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Oh, by the way, I could get the day off work on Tuesday if you need anyone to carry your bag.
    i can get the week off

wonder if umarex have any vacancies for a test shooter
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    If TD is still reading the thread, seeing the casting process, or a look at the moulds might be interesting to some. Well, to me, anyway.

A snub nose Police Chief Special would be appealing, but the short barrel might not do too well with co2. Suggest it to them as a challenge

Walther PPK

What a lucky man - and what a gent in asking people for suggestions!

One thing springs to mind (excuse the pun), and that would be to improve the magazine for the Walther PPK so both the BB's and the CO2 cannister are loaded into a "clip". If that is not possible, then a stronger (metal?) BB clip would be good as the present version is rather fragile. A rifled barrel would also be nice.

Have a good trip!
    ATB, Adrian.
    Last edited by Mr Meteor; 06-11-2010 at 03:51 AM.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    We need to get some Western styled CO2 revolvers into production.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Hutchinson View Post
    Another vote here for some of a classic Peacemaker model and higher power output options.

Also - a Webley Service revolver and Luger.

Im sure if they expanded their range there would be plenty of takers.
    As above, but I would like to see the Webley Service revolver first !

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meteor View Post
    As above, but I would like to see the Webley Service revolver first !
    I'll vote for all three.

Yes: look at the stuff - Broomhandle Mausers, and God knows what - they're making in airsoft format these days. Why not in conventional C02 airgun format?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

can you ask them to stop making blowbacks with fake hammers and go back to making real double action single action hammers where the slide actually cocks back the hammer when blown back as this issue alone stopped me from buying there recent blowback pistols also if they could come up with a disposable cartradge system to hold a lead pellet so pistol shooters could enjoy spring loaded mags like bb firing pistols , a disposable shell ejecting system would be a major seller for them.

Hi Terry,

I'll be sending you an email later in response to your exchange of PMs with Paddy, but in the meantime...

I know that Umarex didn't hold a gun to our heads and make us call our Boys Club the Umarex Boys Club, but nevertheless we feel a bit miffed that they continue to refuse to have any dialogue with us, referring us instead to the UK Distributor Brocock.

The only problem is, Brocock aren't interested either. That's perfectly understandable - I appreciate that Nigel and his team work very hard and are usually manning stands at game fairs on the weekends - so it's difficult if not impossible for them to attend one of our bi-annual meets as well.

Which leaves us in the ridiculous situation whereby a club which was set up to promote and encourage informal pistol shooting largely with CO2 Umarex guns or their equivalents, which now has over 250 members and which holds four well-attended postal competitions per month and meets up twice a year, has so far enjoyed the attendance and support of only one manufacturer - Webley - who attended last year with the prototype Alecto. We all know how successful that model has been.

So, at the top of my wish list would be some form of commitment or support from Umarex. I'm not asking for much, maybe a one day per year visit for an hour or so to the Coventry meet by one of their sales or marketing bods, maybe a few branded goodies we could give out as prizes - you know the sort of thing - Umarex pens, baseball caps, maybe tee shirts or pellet tin sleeves?

They might see it differently, but to me, it's a win-win. They get their merchandising material out there, being seen, they get good quality feedback on their products from "expert" shooters who use them regularly, and we get to ask a few questions and maybe get to find out what's new in the pipeline, which of course then gets talked about to an even wider audience on forums like this.

If you get the chance to politely suggest any of this, I'd be most grateful.

Regards,

Mike.
    Last edited by MikeB; 06-11-2010 at 09:32 AM.

A nice Luger with a bit of Ooooooommmpppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhh
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Mike, I can't see that you'd get much in the way of support from Umarex or Brocock. Neither of them have replied to emails from me as a customer, so I can't see them turning up to give stuff away. I called Brocock once, and when they realised I was an actual customer, and not a shop or distributor, they put the phone down on me!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Hi Terry,

I'll be sending you an email later in response to your exchange of PMs with Paddy, but in the meantime...

I know that Umarex didn't hold a gun to our heads and make us call our Boys Club the Umarex Boys Club, but nevertheless we feel a bit miffed that they continue to refuse to have any dialogue with us, referring us instead to the UK Distributor Brocock.

The only problem is, Brocock aren't interested either. That's perfectly understandable - I appreciate that Nigel and his team work very hard and are usually manning stands at game fairs on the weekends - so it's difficult if not impossible for them to attend one of our bi-annual meets as well.

Which leaves us in the ridiculous situation whereby a club which was set up to promote and encourage informal pistol shooting largely with CO2 Umarex guns or their equivalents, which now has over 250 members and which holds four well-attended postal competitions per month and meets up twice a year, has so far enjoyed the attendance and support of only one manufacturer - Webley - who attended last year with the prototype Alecto. We all know how successful that model has been.

So, at the top of my wish list would be some form of commitment or support from Umarex. I'm not asking for much, maybe a one day per year visit for an hour or so to the Coventry meet by one of their sales or marketing bods, maybe a few branded goodies we could give out as prizes - you know the sort of thing - Umarex pens, baseball caps, maybe tee shirts or pellet tin sleeves?

They might see it differently, but to me, it's a win-win. They get their merchandising material out there, being seen, they get good quality feedback on their products from "expert" shooters who use them regularly, and we get to ask a few questions and maybe get to find out what's new in the pipeline, which of course then gets talked about to an even wider audience on forums like this.

If you get the chance to politely suggest any of this, I'd be most grateful.

Regards,

Mike.
    They appoiint UK distributors so that they dont have to do the marketing and promotion within a country. If they were interested in that they would have their own UK distribution. I think Brocock would be a bit pissed off if Umarex came over and went above them with it.

IIRC Brocock is not the only official UK distributor either

Some kind of classic pistols series, aimed at collectors; high quality and realism:-

Peacemaker - to be of real interest it must have a proper revolving cylinder and load like the original from the rear. The ejection rod could be functional like on the original, which could be needed to remove jammed pellets.

Webley Service - again must load like the original - inserting pellets from the rear of the cylinder.

Broomhandle Mauser - must be blowback

Luger would be nice but the above three would do me.

I'd echo the comments about the PPK - a more robust mag, rifled barrel and reliable feeding of lead BBs would be nice.

Lastly this might be a difficult one, but I'd love it if there could be a genuine blued steel finish to the classic. I understand if the whole pistol body can't be steel (to prevent illegal firearm conversions), but could some thin steel sleeve be applied to the outside?