Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Off to the Umarex factory...

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    When you are at Arnsberg ask your guide to ring Walther at Ulm and arrange a tour of the Walther factory, Ulm is not far from Arnsberg. You will see how the actual firearms are produced. My wife and I spent a morning there a month ago, it is absolutely fantastic, we had a full factory tour, we are serious target shooters and we also had the services of the tech dept to discuss new target rifles. The highspot is the museum which is absalutely magical.
    It is a high security site, but if circumstances are right they will probably grant you a tour especially if you get your Arnsberg hosts to book it.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I'd like to know why the S&W 10 shot mags are so expensive?
    In my area they are £33 for 3 and that is out of my budget...I really need 5 to do what I need and can't easily find the money.

Thumbs up TD & Umarex

There is a shortage of co2 powered target pistols if Umarex fancy a go. More coverage in the Mags would encourage me to start buying them again ...mike...

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    When I was producing the article about Umarex blow back pistols I eMailed Umarex asking for some Hi Def pictures to be used in a planned magazine article. I had a very polite and prompt reply saying they would be happy to help. I did ask them in German via the Google translation service.

Could the fact that certain people are commenting that Umarex don't reply be explained by the the lack of translation.

Unfortunately as a nation we still expect other nations to understand us and if they don't; well they we just shout at them

As airgun sales are not that prolific in the UK, given the laws and restrictions our government has placed on us, I can see how a manufacturer would not be forthcoming with promotional items. I'm sorry to say this MikeB, but we will still buy their pistols without getting a free pen or T shirt from them at one of our meets. They are the best at what we want at the present time. Until they are challenged commercially they will not feel the need to support us. Sad but true
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by smudger1234 View Post
    They appoiint UK distributors so that they dont have to do the marketing and promotion within a country. If they were interested in that they would have their own UK distribution. I think Brocock would be a bit pissed off if Umarex came over and went above them with it.

IIRC Brocock is not the only official UK distributor either
    Armex also list themselves as a UK distributer for Umarex and given my own less than impressive experience with Brocock when they were/are the Rohm distributer perhaps Armex might be more enthusiastic?

If you could ask them to produce the Walther/Umarex Winchester-style lever action repeater model in a version that had about 11 foot-pounds power then I would be very grateful. That rifle producing legal-limit power would open up a whole new world of shooting competition. If they made it a little more robust then that would be even better.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Hi Terry,

I'll be sending you an email later in response to your exchange of PMs with Paddy, but in the meantime...

I know that Umarex didn't hold a gun to our heads and make us call our Boys Club the Umarex Boys Club, but nevertheless we feel a bit miffed that they continue to refuse to have any dialogue with us, referring us instead to the UK Distributor Brocock.

The only problem is, Brocock aren't interested either. That's perfectly understandable - I appreciate that Nigel and his team work very hard and are usually manning stands at game fairs on the weekends - so it's difficult if not impossible for them to attend one of our bi-annual meets as well.

Which leaves us in the ridiculous situation whereby a club which was set up to promote and encourage informal pistol shooting largely with CO2 Umarex guns or their equivalents, which now has over 250 members and which holds four well-attended postal competitions per month and meets up twice a year, has so far enjoyed the attendance and support of only one manufacturer - Webley - who attended last year with the prototype Alecto. We all know how successful that model has been.

So, at the top of my wish list would be some form of commitment or support from Umarex. I'm not asking for much, maybe a one day per year visit for an hour or so to the Coventry meet by one of their sales or marketing bods, maybe a few branded goodies we could give out as prizes - you know the sort of thing - Umarex pens, baseball caps, maybe tee shirts or pellet tin sleeves?

They might see it differently, but to me, it's a win-win. They get their merchandising material out there, being seen, they get good quality feedback on their products from "expert" shooters who use them regularly, and we get to ask a few questions and maybe get to find out what's new in the pipeline, which of course then gets talked about to an even wider audience on forums like this.

If you get the chance to politely suggest any of this, I'd be most grateful.

Regards,

Mike.
    What Mike said!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    I'd like to know why the S&W 10 shot mags are so expensive?
    In my area they are £33 for 3 and that is out of my budget...I really need 5 to do what I need and can't easily find the money.
    JSR have them on their site for about £10 less than that-£23.89 for 3- worth a look?

only one problem i had and that was that stupid safety on the 1911.i liked the look of that gun but sold it as i could not get on with it.now a s+w in .22 with about 4ft/lbs would be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    JSR have them on their site for about £10 less than that-£23.89 for 3- worth a look?
    ahhh thats more like it, thanks for that bud

i have contacted armex and found them to be most helpful and yes they are umarex distributors just bought all 4 of my walther lever actions from dealers that use armex and not brocock as brocock do not want to know and terry could you please ask why the lever actions do not produce nearer full power please

OK, listen-up my gay cabelleros!

I've been called into a million desperately important meetings today (yay! ) and I haven't the time to distil this thread into a reasonable amount of questions to put to the Umarex chaps. More importantly, you guys are better placed than I am to grade the questions into what's most important to you, and come up with 10 I can discuss with Umarex, or leave with them so they can answer them in depth.

So, can one of you kind fellows do me a list of the 'Top 10 Things To Ask Umarex', and I'll do just that. I'll also be trying for a bit of sponsorship for the UBC, and I'm only there for two days, so I'll have a very tight agenda - ooh-er, missus. .

Right, that's your assignment - homework to be handed in by 4.30pm this evening!

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I'd suggest the following 2 to start with:

1) Are they planning any new models, and which ones?
    2) Bring back the gloss finish on the revolvers, and the 3 barrel sets.

Anyone else?

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Looking through the thread the most asked for features are(no particular order):

1) Requests for Luger P08 + Broomhandle Mausers
    2) requests for Western style eg Colt Peacemaker.
    3) Why drop the gloss finish for matt on some models? Matt looks crap, and marks easily. (I nearly bought a S&W until I saw the finish)
    4) Why no nickel mags for S&W?
    5) Bring back 8 inch barrels
    6) Why don't they make their own original designs, or any target co2 pistols?
    7) Improve the magazine for the PPK + rifled barrel.
    8) Higher powered pistols + .22 versions as well. Higher powered lever rifles.
    9) Couple of requests for Webley Service revolver.
    10) Poor availability of accessory parts + prices.

I'd like to know what Umarex think of the competition from companies such as Anics who produce fairly complicated magazines at very cheap prices, and why no spare mags with their pistols? Anics give you 2 mags with a pistol.
    Do Umarex see Anics or Baikal as serious competition?

I have to admit, if I get another co2 multishot, it'll either be a Baikal Makarov for the quality, or an Anics for the large capacity cheap magazines.

Even though I've had a go at this list for TD, I'm afraid Umarex have lost me as a customer for now.

A bit of support for the UBC as well. I'm sure they've helped Umarex sales in this country more than Brocock have.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post

So, can one of you kind fellows do me a list of the 'Top 10 Things To Ask Umarex', and I'll do just that. I'll also be trying for a bit of sponsorship for the UBC, and I'm only there for two days, so I'll have a very tight agenda - ooh-er, missus. .

Right, that's your assignment - homework to be handed in by 4.30pm this evening!

Allowing for duplications, there are 30 questions that we need answers to. Here is a brief recap of each along with a post number. I thought about doing a poll, but I don’t think you’re allowed that many choices!

We’re on the clock because of Terry’s 4.30pm deadline, so I suggest people just try their hardest to list their favourite questions.

Here they are, in time of posting order and with the post # as reference:-

1. Foam in cases sub standard – wears easily #2
    2. Higher power multi-shots, please #3
    3. Can we have a Colt Peacemaker, please? #3
    4. Can we have a C96 broomhandle Mauser, please? #7
    5. Can we have a Luger P08, please #7
    6. What about a smaller, lighter trainer / junior pistol? #8
    7. Can we have a Browning Hi Power, please? #11
    8. Can we buy magazines in larger multiples please? #13
    9. Why did you change the blued finish to matt black? #14
    10. Why is trigger quality so inconsistent gun to gun? #15
    11. Can we have a Maruzen APS SR-21 in black at 12ft/lb? #16