Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aarya - India's 1st sporting pcp air rifle

Quote Originally Posted by karizman View Post
    Thought sharing this info with you all. More details about the gun are available at

First Review of AARYA PCP AIR RIFLE.

by GSMELVIN

Hello friends,

Here im a proud owner of the first AARYA PCP AIR RIFLE. 1st Indian made Sporting PCP air rifle.

I received the PCP a few months ago, and found it to be a very well made air rifle.
    The parts are made of quality materials and the wood stalk is excellent , it comes on Indonesian walnut with hand rubbed oil finish. I loved the overall look and feels great on hands.

It has a 19inch-rifled barrel, 400cc air tank, and raised 11mm scope ramp.
    I fill it with 150bar pressure that’s 2200psi. It easily shoots around 100 shots per filling.

Im very excited when it comes to accuracy part. Its an very smooth gun to shoot as it has a fully adjustable two stage trigger with which one can make the trigger pull feather light. All this helps this gun to be very accurate. I use an 3 – 9 X 40 scope and Have shot half an inch groups at 25 to 35 meters. Which I feel is very good.

As I don’t have a chrony to test, I believe the AARYA spits an 16grn pellet some where between 800 to 850fps.

After using several Indian made air rifles for past 12 years I can easily say this is the best of all Indian made Air rifles,best at its quality, performance and price too.

And I have to tell about the maker of the AARYA PCP. He is none other than Mr. Rajesh Yadav known as karizman to most of the air gun shooters. A great man who made the dreams of many Indian air gunners for accurate and quality air rifle Has come true atlast. A nice and kind man to deal with. Prompt to help when ever needed. I would like to thank him for being so kind and for taking the Indian airgun to a new level.

find the attached files for the photos of the rifle, grouping and a video of AARYA hitting its target at 46mtrs (150feet).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rsC6sHVN6U
    it might shot ok but most people still like a gun to look nice when they take it to range they got some way to go yet

Reminds me of the quality build "Made in India" Ambassador cars...

which is a rebadge of 1950's UK car manufacturer I forget the name.

Whats the point really ? .....this looks like a prototype a la "vaat vaat !?"

A hobbyist in Russia started off doing stuff in his garage and knew what he was doing at a far more advanced level of finish and engineering - today, his brand is called "Edgun". Sorry, but this is worse than the made in Zimbabwe stuff.

Best of luck, but I dont ever expect to see these at the future IWA or airgunshows in the US. The Germans would really have a chuckle.

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central
    Had few dealings in the past with Indian manufacture.(Watchmaking tools) I spent much time in Delhi trying to get them to get the finish/ quality right, they were just never quite there though. Not sure why, they get 90 % of the way. Certainly they didnt have the latest tools, they certainly had enthusiasm!

Sorry guys, I had not visited here from very long & was not aware about my air gun's popularity among you guys.

Thanks for calling Spade a Spade. I also agree with most of the comments made here by other members & am trying to improve as much as possible. Please see other photographs being posted with this thread.

I had to do away with this stock because I am not a best craftsman in first place & the shape even if it is looking ugly is very practical & was giving me very good handling capabilities during trials. The fact has been accepted by all the proud owners after using this stock over regular stock.

The machining, finish & designs are improving with each lot of air guns being made by myself. Please note here that guns & related accessories are a kind of taboo here & not many experienced people like to share their knowledge. I had to develop every single part from scratch & overlooked aesthetics over strength, utility & availability of the materials.

Anyway here are some photographs & videos for you to check.

Sorry guys, I had not visited here from very long & was not aware about my air gun's popularity among you guys.

Thanks for calling Spade a Spade. I also agree with most of the comments made here by other members & am trying to improve as much as possible. Please see other photographs being posted with this thread.

I had to do away with this stock because I am not a best craftsman in first place & the shape even if it is looking ugly is very practical & was giving me very good handling capabilities during trials. The fact has been accepted by all the proud owners after using this stock over regular stock.

The machining, finish & designs are improving with each lot of air guns being made by myself. Please note here that guns & related accessories are a kind of taboo here & not many experienced people like to share their knowledge. I had to develop every single part from scratch & overlooked aesthetics over strength, utility & availability of the materials.

Well done mate,although it might not be to everyones taste i feel you deserve a round of applause for making something like that from scratch with materials not being as readily available like they are here.
    I have seen far worse contraptions produced here in the uk that have gone on to greater things.....the very first theoben gas ram springs to mind,a gun made from various different parts from different uk gun makers and by no means "a good looking" gun,but after good sales and reinvestment and now look at the gas rams from theoben!
    Colchester game keeper rifle....looked like it was put together with parts from a scrap yard,the skan rifle,the list is endless.
    keep at it,things will only get better.

By the way,...do you have a limit for the power of airguns in india?
    Last edited by weebster; 05-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.

if the stock was in black that would look pretty cool i think.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanrich View Post
    if the stock was in black that would look pretty cool i think.
    Or Orange
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    I have recently returned from a 2 week break in Goa, I spoke about shooting to the bar man in our frequented beach shack, I also showed him a picture of my Rapid with my night vision mounted on top. I thought he was going to die when I told him how much it all cost.

Trust me, out there that is luxury. The military at the airport don't have much better.

Bless 'em, you can get an awesome curry and bottle of Kingfisher for about £3 though!!

Oh, and although I loved Goa, the only thing that was constantly on my mind was shooting the chuffin' crows that were around the resort.
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

indian pcp

I do hope the QC is better than indian enfeilds, i saw a new gearbox cluster once when in india my mate bought for his 350cc, there was pits in the bearing surfaces mm deep! I thought it was the old knackered one he was showing me till he told me, no ,this is indian "kwality" I'd love to use it on the bombay street rats though! Seen some about 2ft long there ,crawling over people sleeping on the road at night.
    Last edited by junglie; 05-01-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling!

That is not bad at all ,is she regulated? what barrel do you have?

Thumbs up "AARYA II" Improved model of "Aarya" PCP Air Rifle.

We have come up with Improved version of "Aarya" pcp air rifle with keeping in mind all the suggestions from different quarters. Follows few photographs of the same.

Very ugly though ain't it!

indian pcp

I think it's looking better altogether than the prototype we saw originally. The only improvement i'd add is a buttpad 'cheekpiece add on like the verminator has. I heard a lot of the parts for early titans were made in india & a lot of those rifles are still going strong. I would love to come over to test it out & write an unbiased review of my own. What cal's is it available in? a .25 cal one would be great .

secretagentmole Guest

What this needs!

Well you are nearly there now, what you have to remember though is that we have a power limit in the UK of 12 ft lbs, unless you have a Firearms Certificate (FAC). The market for the sub 12 ft lb limit is huge, if you can produce this rifle at a sub 12 ft lb power limit then the UK could be a big market.

The pistol grip of the stock needs better anatomical profiling, but I admire the way in which you are trying to make the rifle shootable for either a left or right handed shooter. It may also be worthwhile seeing if you can lower the air bottle, say on a dropper block, so that the scope can sit closer to the barrel, helps with accuracy!

the reg at the back made me laugh and the stock looks horrid