Thread: Practice in Vegas

Talking Practice in Vegas

Hi All,

My thoughts were with you as you had the meet. I went down to the range in Vegas and hired a Sig 226 in 9mm to shoot the PPC target. Here`s my entry

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...5/Sig226-2.jpg

IF the airsoft comp is still running I will enter with my Glock 19, with that in mind I hired a Glock 21 in .45ACP and had a blast. I was shooting with my brother and we`d just shot one box of ammo, we moved the target out to 35 ft and I was first to shoot, took the shot and could`nt see the hole. My brother said `you missed` I brought the target back to the front and this is what we saw.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/u...45/Glock21.jpg

I thought `GOOD SHOT` our kid said `SPAWNEY GIT`, not sure who`s right

We shot Glock 21, Sig 220, 226 and M4 full auto, spent lots of money but had the most wonderful time.

Good luck to all in the forthcoming comps,

Regards

Mike

Hole in one...

Some good shootin, Mike!... with a "hole in one" to boot !

I stayed in "Las Vegas" many moons ago... but this one was a tad quieter being in New Mexico as against to Nevada! Funnily enough, they had just finished shooting a movie called "Red Dawn"... and there were still "bullet holes" painted on some of the buildings in the town!

Looking forward to the next round of PP comps. I don't mind coming down the league - especially when up against competition like that!
    ATB, Adrian.
    Last edited by Mr Meteor; 08-11-2010 at 03:21 AM.

I'm glad you had a great time, Mike. Shame you missed Helen's curry, though.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Having shot full auto, you've done something most American shooters haven't!

"Red Dawn": that was probably the most unintentinally funny movie I ever saw. The premise was that a joint Russian-Cuban strike force invades the US - utilizing really brilliant tactics, like parachuting onto the grounds of a high school in rural Colorado: you know, really prime targets for an invader .

The US military can't stop them. But our country is saved by a band of high school kids with no military experience, who are able to evade and outfight the best counterinsurgency troops Russia can throw at us.

I sometimes wonder how my friends and I didn't get thrown out of the theatre, we were laughing so hard!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    By the way: damn good shooting!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Mike

Excellent shooting there, you lucky person.

I was also expecting a picture of the smiley face target from Lethal Weapon

Hopefully you can make the next UBC Meet, the curry did go down well indeed
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thanks guys,

MMMMM curry, put me down for the next one.

I expect the bullet holes south of the border would be real these days

Full auto is fantastic but over too soon, had to have two goes just to be sure

mike