13 29.55%
  • H&K P8/P10/Mk23

3 6.82%
  • A smaller, lighter trainer / junior pistol

3 6.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Umarex visit - Pistol Request poll

Umarex visit - Pistol Request poll

In response to the Umarex factory visit thread and Harvey's categorisation pf the questions/gripes/requests I decided to create a poll for the pistol request category, so here goes:

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    i voted peace maker but id really like a 1911

-pellet firing
    -short, light trigger, from blow back action, but where only some bits 'blew back' not the whole slide so it was recoil-less.
    -4ft/lbs
    -10 shot
    -cost 50 quid

well i can dream
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    i voted peace maker but id really like a 1911

-pellet firing
    -short, light trigger, from blow back action, but where only some bits 'blew back' not the whole slide so it was recoil-less.
    -4ft/lbs
    -10 shot
    -cost 50 quid

well i can dream
    oh it needs to run off compressed air as well,
    and have a realistic mag
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Peacemaker, Webley, Luger, Broomhandle Mauser. In that order of preference.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

1911 colt with full blowback would be awesome, no point having a .45 without some recoil.

I've been thinking about box magazines for pellets recently and its obvious that a standard pellet would not feed correctly. So hows this for a wild idea (and its probably a little too ridiculous to implement), Seat the pellets into a brass shell and have them eject with each shot. Granted they could get lost and would be expensive but if your making a blowback pistol the gun itself wouldn't require too much extra work.

Pipedream over........

EDIT: just spotted this is in the other poll!!!

I've been thinking about box magazines for pellets recently and its obvious that a standard pellet would not feed correctly. So hows this for a wild idea (and its probably a little too ridiculous to implement), Seat the pellets into a brass shell and have them eject with each shot. Granted they could get lost and would be expensive but if your making a blowback pistol the gun itself wouldn't require too much extra work.
    at last some one else realises the potential of a system like this for pellet guns , i was thinking the same thing but instead of brass shells some kind of cheap disposable material like plastic ???

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    1911 colt with full blowback would be awesome, no point having a .45 without some recoil.

Pipedream over........

EDIT: just spotted this is in the other poll!!!
    Brass would be nice but expensive. The same mechanism could work with plastic shells though, which would be much cheaper and could probably be brass coloured.

My first thought was surely this shell ejecting blowback .45 would be too much design and engineering cost for a low volume product, then I thought: weren't the .43 cal paintball firing RAM (real action marker) pistols made by Umarex? If so couldn't these be re-barrelled and chambered for little shells holding .177 pellets? Where's the lightbulb smiley?!!

now i come to think of it im almost sure i remember when i was a kid back in the mid 80s i saw a webly pistol that used a shell ejecting system in airgunner magazine , gonna go search on google .

A Colt Navy 1851 would be nice too

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesnake View Post
    now i come to think of it im almost sure i remember when i was a kid back in the mid 80s i saw a webly pistol that used a shell ejecting system in airgunner magazine , gonna go search on google .
    I think it was a Berreta92.

I have the magazine, but it is the the loft. I believe the name of it started with a V

Not much help, but someone else is bound to know the answer
    BE-HAPPY-OK

boff180 Guest
    Anything aslong as its...

a) Pellet firing (not allowed BB at the club pistol section)
    b) Blowback
    c) Has a good trigger.

Andy

Walther

Any chance of asking them to produce a pellet firing Walther P38 regards