Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to get a Cybergun Sig p226 X-Five

Trying to get a Cybergun Sig p226 X-Five

I've been interested in one of these guns by KWC but my local shop (wonderland in Edinburgh) doesn't list them.

I phoned them today and asked if they could order one in for me despite not listing them and very quickly I got the answer that if it wasn't listed they wouldn't sell it. I didn't ask them about getting it from an on-line store and being delivered to them but that's more expensive and I doubt they would do that ether based on the answer I got today.

So how can I go about getting one of these? I'm not aware of any other smiths that close to me (I can excuse about an hour trip in any direction to get to one - so anywhere in central Scotland, Glasgow, Stirling, Dundee ect) and I'm still unsure about importing.

What should I do?

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    have a look here:-

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/

I've had many dealings with them and they are very knowledgeable and helpful.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    have a look here:-

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/

I've had many dealings with them and they are very knowledgeable and helpful.
    The 226 is not an airsoft .

I got mine from Surplus Supplies and had to pay to have it delivered to my local RFD , in my case Henry Krank in Leeds .

Most RFDs will comply with this deal provided you are legit and over 18 and willing to pay the £25 " admin " fee ( pretty much money for nothing ) and brings the price up to £160 .

Find one in your area and you are half way there.

TBH the Sig is worth the money as it is superb . Not like the run of the mill Umarex CO2s , this one fieldstrips and has blowback and is a superb replica of an awesome centrefire pistol .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    The 226 is not an airsoft .

I got mine from Surplus Supplies and had to pay to have it delivered to my local RFD , in my case Henry Krank in Leeds .

Most RFDs will comply with this deal provided you are legit and over 18 and willing to pay the £25 " admin " fee ( pretty much money for nothing ) and brings the price up to £160 .

Find one in your area and you are half way there.

TBH the Sig is worth the money as it is superb . Not like the run of the mill Umarex CO2s , this one fieldstrips and has blowback and is a superb replica of an awesome centrefire pistol .

Carl.
    I'll phone up wonderland and ask again about getting it delivered from them, if not I guess Glasgow is my next stop. Maybe even go in person - sometimes people give you more time in person.

And yeh its not airsoft but it is re-engineered form a 6mm airsoft version (has a big orange tip) so it can get confusing. Infact I believe the box even says it has hop-up, which it can't thats an airsoft feature!

I think the airsoft version is also illegal in the UK unless you have a licence as its a replica.

Is it really worth the hassle? I have a beretta px4 at the mo, how does it compare to that?

Well if you manage to get one your PX4 will be gathering a lot of dust.
    The X5 is bigger, heavier ,easier to operate, more powerful, more accurate, more realistic- more everything really!
    Last edited by gingernut; 08-11-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spell

Does anyone know of a stockist in the Manchester area or within reasonable distance of Manchester?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

itsaheadshot Guest
    hi these are classed as air weapons due to power awesome pistols I have one in my collection! These are better than Umarex as KWC make some top notch stuff agree with posts regarding quality.

And the Open version with compensator is even better than the standard model. imo.

itsaheadshot Guest
    I have the airsoft version aswell!! LOL

Mr Headshot

you're just showing off now
    BE-HAPPY-OK

itsaheadshot Guest
    Sorry Pad I won't tell the other one's I own otherwise that will be really showing off!! LOL I've just acquired a Brocock M4 Colt and I've converted mine to PCP!! I've got to let you have a play its terrific its legal just about anyway! LOL

itsaheadshot Guest
    I've sent you a pm - have to come on my shoot again I've loads of new toys to play with!! LOL Just acquired a minimee and a gas L96!! I'm getting bored with metal bb and pellets now airsoft is more fun!!

Hi there, I live in wishaw and just got one of these this week. The gun is absolutely amazing to fire with the blow-back.

Anyway I got mine from a local dealer so if you fancy a 40mile drive here you go.

Mr. Kenneth MacMillan
    Anglers Attic
    55 Caledonian Road
    WISHAW
    Lanarkshire
    ML2 8AP.

Also I paid £135 for it, he doesn't keep them in stock but will happily order one from SMK for you at no extra charge.

Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneair View Post
    Hi there, I live in wishaw and just got one of these this week. The gun is absolutely amazing to fire with the blow-back.

Anyway I got mine from a local dealer so if you fancy a 40mile drive here you go.

Mr. Kenneth MacMillan
    Anglers Attic
    55 Caledonian Road
    WISHAW
    Lanarkshire
    ML2 8AP.

Also I paid £135 for it, he doesn't keep them in stock but will happily order one from SMK for you at no extra charge.

Kane.
    Thanks man but Im having it sent to my local RFD from one down south - paid £140 and may have to paid my RFD an admin fee - we will see in a week or two when it gets here.

Whats your dealer like though? How big is it and good is it? Being fairly close if its decent it might be worth a visit in future

It's not that great tbh, the guy is really nice and friendly but he doesn't keep a great deal of guns in stock. He's mostly a fishing supplier.

I just told him the gun I was after, he made a call and it was on its way.

But nah, if your just after a nosey, its not worth the drive.

Kane.