Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to get a Cybergun Sig p226 X-Five

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneair View Post
    It's not that great tbh, the guy is really nice and friendly but he doesn't keep a great deal of guns in stock. He's mostly a fishing supplier.

I just told him the gun I was after, he made a call and it was on its way.

But nah, if your just after a nosey, its not worth the drive.

Kane.
    Its worth the drive now, was just on the phone with the RFD down south (Solware) and my local RFD (Wonderland) have refused to take the take the pistol for me - even though they just have to fill out a form to make a quick £20 admin fee off me. And they can't claim its because they want to sell me the gun because as i've said they refused to do that too already.

So I phoned Anglers attic to see if they can take it and Solware are going to talk to them - hope to hear back tomorrow but you can never be sure when companies have to talk to each other.

Hopefully though I will be driving to Wishaw in a few days to get it - fingers crossed

I understand why the dealer accept the model for you ?
    Talk about easy money - I wish I could earn money that easily ...
    Maybe they want you to buy one of their guns instead ?

On a lighter note , stay with it cos the Sig model is very very good . To me it is more about the quality of build than how it fires . I collect none firing replicas and deacs etc .

A Sig 226 deac would cost £800 easy if you could find one . The x five is a good enough compromise for me with the fieldstrip and function , and it feels very authentic albeit a little light maybe .

Carl
    " This , is MY safety "

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    The X5 is glorious! I love it, my bro-in-law loves it, my shop staff love it, and the first customer that saw it...loved it (deposit down, will be back early this week).

It just feels so - gunny
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Anybody tried lead BBs in your X-five? I'd love one of these but have an aversion to steel balls whistling round my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Its worth the drive now, was just on the phone with the RFD down south (Solware) and my local RFD (Wonderland) have refused to take the take the pistol for me - even though they just have to fill out a form to make a quick £20 admin fee off me. And they can't claim its because they want to sell me the gun because as i've said they refused to do that too already.

So I phoned Anglers attic to see if they can take it and Solware are going to talk to them - hope to hear back tomorrow but you can never be sure when companies have to talk to each other.

Hopefully though I will be driving to Wishaw in a few days to get it - fingers crossed
    You shouldn't need to deal with "Solware" and save the £20 admin fee, Kenny from anglers attic deals directly with SMK and they sell the gun.

Just ask him to order it up from SMK and it will only cost you £135.

He wanted me to pay a deposit first though, so you might need two trips.

Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneair View Post
    You shouldn't need to deal with "Solware" and save the £20 admin fee, Kenny from anglers attic deals directly with SMK and they sell the gun.

Just ask him to order it up from SMK and it will only cost you £135.

He wanted me to pay a deposit first though, so you might need two trips.

Kane.
    I found that out after I bought it from solware though, I would have gone right to anglers attic but by the time I had heard of them I was just looking for an RFD to accept something I'd already bought.

I don't mind to much ether - I believe solware are the main stockist of X-5s in the UK so they are a good point of contact if anything went wrong or the likes - they are a nice company to deal with too. That not that the guy at anglers attic is not good to deal with - so far he's been very helpful considering he sells the gun too and could just say no based on that fact.

I'm hoping my luck holds on that to be honest - Im not sure I ever mentioned what the gun was specifically

But we'll hopefully see tomorrow it was sent from England today on priority mail so I should be able to get through tomorrow if its delivered at a reasonable time.

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    The 226 is not an airsoft .

I got mine from Surplus Supplies and had to pay to have it delivered to my local RFD , in my case Henry Krank in Leeds .

Carl.
    Have you got a link for their website Carl?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

" This , is MY safety "

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    Have you got a link for their website Carl?
    http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/

Thats their main page

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/

Thats their main page
    Thanks chaps.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

So finally got my Sig today guys, thanks very much for all the help and I'll give a run down of my experience trying to get it.

First I tried to get my local RFD - Wonderland - to order it but they refused. So, based on a recommendation here I get one from Solware and asked them to send it to Wonderland. Then Solware informed me that wonderland flat-out refused to take it. So I, again based on recommendation here, spoke to Anglers Attic who agreed to take it for me. It took the courier a little longer than expected to deliver but I went through and got it today.

And I love it! It makes my PX4 storm feel like a toy; its heavy, solid and very large. The PX4 still wins on power, accuracy and ability to shoot pellets - its a better shooter to be honest. But the P226 is just more fun! It's fun to just rack it and lock the slide and the sounds it makes are awesome. Its heavy on gas as the slide takes a lot of force to blow back but it is very cold up here at the moment so that will also not be helping. Over all so far its just an amazing gun for £140 (plus £20 admin plus £15 petrol) and I highly recommend it.

As for the 3 companies I had to deal with - shame on wonderland - what a crap RFD they are, I'm not buying anything else from then on principle just because if their refusal to help me and their attitude. Anglers Attic is a one man business and the guy is really nice, he took a pistol for me he could have sold me and he also gave me some good advice - was happy to deal with him. Solware were also an nice company to deal with - they were easy to get through to and kept me up to date nicely. They also handled it well when Wonderland rejected and did some research to try and find an RFD near me. I just felt like Anglers Attic and Solware were working for me as best they could (but things take time when companies have to speak to each other) where as Wonderland couldn't be bothered picking up the phone to order one from Cybergun.

So finally, I highly recommend the gun - its awesome. And I recommend Anglers Attic if you live in central Scotland and Solware if you can't get it from your local RFD.

Full marks for perseverance Zip.
    Enjoy it.

I'm looking into Manchester Airguns getting hold of one for me.

Modern and Antique Firearms Christchurch- 01202 429369- mornings only.
    Have an Open version of this pistol for sale. Thats the one with a Compensator bigger grip and a red dot mounting bracket.
    I know you cant get much further south but might be worth a call as these pistols are not easy to get.

I want one of these!