Thread: Kueng HyperMagnum pistol

Kueng HyperMagnum pistol

HI,
    I received this email today, I thought it was interesting and Dan has included some photo's of the pistol which are new to me...Dave...

Hello, Thank you for showing your interest by having subscribed to the mailing list, and for your patience as it all took so much longer than planned,and did not work out quite as well as I had hoped for. I'm very sad to announce my decision to suspended the project indefinitely. The reason is neither of a financial nor technical nature; it is purelya legal matter. All metal parts were planned to be produced by one of the biggest machining factories in South east Asia, a company that makes substantial gun parts, among them a Government 1911, as a subcontractor for one ofthe largest arms manufacturers in the world, while also making partsfor the automotive and aerospace industry. ISO-certified, around 200 people work on almost a hundred CNC-machines on a manufacturing floorof almost three thousand square feet. However, gun parts, including airgun parts, cannot be exported without the proper government permits of the manufacturing country.Those permits could however be obtained at a cost. Furthermore, in 2008, while in the middle of the project, the Swiss Firearms Act was changed to comply with Schengen standards, now declaring airguns exceeding 7.5 Joules as weapons. Even lookalikes are now also considered guns or gun parts. Just installing a weaker spring to circumvent the law won't cut it. I am not willing to take any risks here. To comply with the law importing the parts into Switzerland for the final finish and assembly, it would need a licensed arms manufacturer.I have abandoned this original plan. After exploring many avenues, one possible approach may be having an importer/distributor in the United States, getting the parts made in South east Asia as it is set up, and finish and assemble the gun in the US. Here is an album with photos that were never shown before:http://www.blueline-studios.com/kuen...gnumalbum.html
    Best regards,Dan Kueng

nice pistol

What a shame this didn't work out,looks a great pistol.

BSA Magnum 240 meets Webley Tempest, with a dash of target pistol.

Nice.

Dave
    Solutions by Sanderson
    Solving and Saving stuff for the sake of it

Too much

8 fpe - Section 5.
    Is this right? It seems everyone (including me) has been assuming that there is no longer a section 1 air pistol but is this true?
    Last edited by majex45; 11-11-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Hi,

Yes I would have thought that being 8flbs,it would fall into Section 5 after all,everything with the exception of Vintage section 7 Pistols does...Lets face it the Government will not trust us mere mortals with Pistols and Revolvers..I am still P*** *** ,being a Pistol and Revolver Shooter for around 30year's till it was Banned..I WILL NEVER EVER VOTE AGAIN..

Regard's

Inproved

Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post
    8 fpe - Section 5.
    Is this right? It seems everyone (including me) has been assuming that there is no longer a section 1 air pistol but is this true?
    The Hyper Magnum was originally intended as a 12 Ftlbs pistol he had hoped to get round restrictions by adding a detachable stock making it a carbine, although I should imagine that cocking would be extremely difficult.

He did make a limited number of Co2 pistols which looked very nice indeed, I've never seen one in the flesh they must be very rare.

http://www.blueline-studios.com/kuen...om/eleven.html

...Dave...